Translation of indifferent in Spanish:
- 1 (uninterested) indifferent
tosomething/somebodyhe is quite indifferent to that sort of thingese tipo de cosa le es or le resulta totalmente indiferenteshe seemed indifferent when she was told the newsno pareció inmutarse cuando le dieron la noticiaExample sentences
- I couldn't really feel any great sympathy for him, and felt rather indifferent to his fate.
- The third threat level is constituted by political systems that are indifferent to the expressed interests of the majority of the world's population.
- I was rather indifferent to it at the time, but twenty years on, it sounds fresh and original.
- 2 (mediocre) (performer)del montón [colloquial]the acting was at best indifferent, at worst indescribablela actuación tuvo momentos mediocres y otros francamente nefastoswith indifferent successcon poco éxitogood, bad or indifferent?¿bueno, malo o regular?Example sentences
- And but for an indifferent second season, he has piled on runs, averaging 49.7 from 35 first-class games.
- Distracted by the regulatory settlement, it is easy to overlook how indifferent the company's second-quarter performance was.
- What we definitely did see was indifferent bowling and fielding in the first half, and indifferent batting in the second.
- The opera was indifferent, but fairly successful with public.
- He was a city boy, always had been, and his riding skills were fairly indifferent.
- The indifferent weather is affecting the outcome of matches as batters are finding it hard to get any rhythm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.