- 1 1.1 (circuitous, roundabout) [route/method] indirectoMore example sentences1.2 (veiled) [threat/criticism] indirecto, velado 1.3 (secondary) [result/benefit] indirecto
More example sentences
- To have any hope of success, the effort to reduce the country's dependence on subsidies will have to follow indirect routes.
- And they took a most indirect route to the cemetery, heading out across the Bow flyover.
- Some businesses said they had experienced a drop in takings when it came to the closure because many customers were not willing to take an indirect route.
- Direct impacts initiate subsequent rounds of income creation, spending and re-spending and result in indirect and induced effects.
- In this first mechanism, the gene is not strictly required in the embryo sac; the effect is an indirect result of the specialization of the endosperm.
- What if the heritabilities observed for IQ are a result of indirect effects that can be changed by changing social practice?
- 2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [statement/question] indirecto indirect discourse o (British English/inglés británico) speech estilo (masculine) indirectoMore example sentences
- I would be surprised if I went through all the prayers and there was no mention, direct or indirect, of the Ten Commandments or a couple of them.
- Of the Tories, there was only one direct mention and one indirect reference as the Prime Minister seemed to have bigger things on his mind.
- Being excitable is not helpful in dealing with a direct or indirect attack and discredits all the good work.
- 3 [Finance/Finanzas] [costs/expenses/taxes] indirectoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Will this new organization repay all direct costs as well as indirect costs and allocated overhead?
- The award will not include overhead or indirect costs.
- You will also have other costs, indirect costs or overheads, these are costs you will still have to pay whether you work for that client or not.
- He also shifted the tax burden from direct income tax to indirect taxation through the introduction of a goods and service tax.
- And if you tax consumption with indirect taxation, taxes often pyramid, with resultant price increases of a regressive nature.
- The paradigm of direct taxation is income tax, the paradigm of indirect taxation is a tax on sales.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.