- 1 1.1 (circuitous, roundabout) [route/method] indirectoMore example sentences1.2 (veiled) [threat/criticism] indirecto, velado 1.3 (secondary) [result/benefit] indirecto
More example sentences
- To have any hope of success, the effort to reduce the country's dependence on subsidies will have to follow indirect routes.
- And they took a most indirect route to the cemetery, heading out across the Bow flyover.
- Some businesses said they had experienced a drop in takings when it came to the closure because many customers were not willing to take an indirect route.
- Direct impacts initiate subsequent rounds of income creation, spending and re-spending and result in indirect and induced effects.
- In this first mechanism, the gene is not strictly required in the embryo sac; the effect is an indirect result of the specialization of the endosperm.
- What if the heritabilities observed for IQ are a result of indirect effects that can be changed by changing social practice?
- 2 [Ling] [statement/question] indirecto indirect discourse o (BrE) speech estilo (m) indirectoMore example sentences
- I would be surprised if I went through all the prayers and there was no mention, direct or indirect, of the Ten Commandments or a couple of them.
- Of the Tories, there was only one direct mention and one indirect reference as the Prime Minister seemed to have bigger things on his mind.
- Being excitable is not helpful in dealing with a direct or indirect attack and discredits all the good work.
- 3 [Fin] [costs/expenses/taxes] indirectoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Will this new organization repay all direct costs as well as indirect costs and allocated overhead?
- The award will not include overhead or indirect costs.
- You will also have other costs, indirect costs or overheads, these are costs you will still have to pay whether you work for that client or not.
- He also shifted the tax burden from direct income tax to indirect taxation through the introduction of a goods and service tax.
- And if you tax consumption with indirect taxation, taxes often pyramid, with resultant price increases of a regressive nature.
- The paradigm of direct taxation is income tax, the paradigm of indirect taxation is a tax on sales.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.