Translation of induce in Spanish:
- 1 (persuade, cause)to induce somebody to +
infinitiveinducir a alguienwhatever induced him to change his mind? a+ infinitive¿qué lo habrá inducido or llevado a cambiar de opinión?even fine weather failed to induce him outdoorsni siquiera el buen tiempo lo animó a salirExample sentences
- You should receive much more - like 9 per cent - to induce you to move from a riskless to a high-risk investment in stock funds.
- My father tried to induce me to learn Arabic poetry by heart, encouraged me, gave me prizes - also for knowledge in astronomy.
- By inducing us to look for the aesthetic features of things, the sense of beauty attracts us to what is most distinctive and individual in the objects we love.
- Dried hops are soft and sweet smelling with a natural narcotic effect that will induce restful sleep, while lavender flowers and rose petals are refreshingly fragrant.
- This herb has been proven to induce sleep and have a sedative effect, which can help pain sufferers sleep better.
- Cortisol levels can be elevated for a variety of reasons - hardcore training itself can induce this rise.
- 3 (Medicine) 3.1 3.2 they had to induce her (British) [colloquial]le tuvieron que provocar el partoExample sentences
- There was some concern that babies born during the day are more likely to be preterm or high risk babies who have had induced births.
- This confirms women's views that medical staff may induce a birth to prevent a caesarean section only when the woman is poor.
- The second option is known as a medically induced abortion (or medical induction abortion) and is similar to a late miscarriage.
- 4 (Electricity)(current)
- Naturally occurring variations in the Earth's magnetic field induce eddy currents in the Earth that are detectable as electric field variations on the surface.
- According to Faraday's laws of electromagnetic induction, a changing magnetic field can induce electric current to flow in any conductive structure nearby.
- In 1831, Michael Faraday showed that a moving magnet could induce an electric current in a wire - the basis of an electric generator.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.