Translation of indulge in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [child] consentir*, mimar; [desire/appetite] satisfacer* they indulge her every whim le consienten todos los caprichos it doesn't hurt to indulge oneself every now and again es bueno darse algún gusto de vez en cuandoExample sentences
- Jean has been able to indulge her interest in art and nature, wellness, writing, reading, swimming, and walking.
- When I took the reins, I was able to indulge my own interest in history and start doing research.
- But for the most part, Mann is amazed that he is still able to indulge his interests for a living.
- My maker indulged me in this little secret while I was still young and I used it wisely.
- Kris grunted, ‘Well why don't you tell me about your past and perhaps I'll indulge you with my deep dark secrets.’
- Does she feel rather dashing, a bona fide member of someone else's generation, or is she merely indulging her younger and stupider staff?
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- to indulge
insth permitirse algo she indulges in the occasional glass of sherry de vez en cuando se permite una copita de jerez a cigarette? — no, thank you, I don't indulge ¿un cigarrillo? — no, gracias, no tengo ese vicioExample sentences
- Louis didn't much care for alcohol and only usually indulged on special occasions.
- You may indulge and enjoy some forbidden pleasures but cannot deceive yourself for long.
- It's difficult to let go of those inhibitions because they feel guilty about indulging too heartily or allowing themselves too much pleasure.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the