Translation of indulgence in Spanish:
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (satisfaction) 2.2 (tolerance) she showed great indulgence toward her grandsonmimaba or consentía mucho a su nieto
era muy complaciente con su nietoExample sentences
- To be able to look at childhood fantasies with indulgence and optimism is a lot about recognising the child in all of us.
- We are in the era of guarded opulence and while heads are rolling in town, a certain level of indulgence continues to continue in Napoleon's France.
- Unfortunately, this talent had a weak side: her inclination toward indulgence and spoiling her little darlings.
- And we will have contributed a good deal of pain, cruelty and selfish indulgence to the karma of the universe.
- It was either taught in parables or using horror messages to discourage young people from ‘premarital’ sexual indulgence.
- The very measures that are supposed to protect our young people from over indulgence of self-abuse habits are in fact the lures that draw them into it.
- 3 countable or uncountable (Religion)Example sentences
- The ‘treasures of the Church,’ out of which the Pope grants indulgences, are not sufficiently named or known among the people of Christ.
- The practice of granting indulgences - remission of punishment for sins through the intercession of the Church - already had a long history.
- Most especially Luther disputed the sale of indulgences whereby, as Luther perceived, believers might buy forgiveness for themselves or their departed relatives.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.