n (plural -tries)
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (in general) industria (feminine) heavy/light industry industria pesada/ligera she used to be a teacher but now she works in industry era maestra pero ahora trabaja en el sector empresarial how will industry react to these proposals? ¿cuál va a ser la reacción de los empresarios frente a estas propuestas?More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (particular branch) industria (feminine) the steel/textile industry la industria siderúrgica/textil the construction industry la (industria de la) construcción the tourist industry el turismo a whole industry has grown up around healthy living la preocupación por la salud ha dado lugar a toda un área de actividad comercial
More example sentences
- The union is now the biggest in the private sector and manufacturing industry.
- Manufacturing and industry produced a large range of products aimed at many different markets.
- Costs of smelters scrap metal and other problems are having a major impact on manufacturing industry.
- The technology industry has a poor track record in attracting female applicants.
- Keeping up with the Kiwis now is hard work, as the wine industry continues to grow like topsy
- In the airline industry emotional labour is vital to the success of the product.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (hard work) [formal] laboriosidad (f), diligencia (f), aplicación (f)More example sentences
- Her sewing room, based in her farm in Fife, which she shares with her fiancé, is a hive of industry.
- On some occasions three courts were sitting simultaneously and it was a hive of industry and justice.
- His industry, inventiveness and hard work said a lot about the way Celtic play the game.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...