Translation of industry in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -tries)
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (in general) industria (feminine) heavy/light industry industria pesada/ligera she used to be a teacher but now she works in industry era maestra pero ahora trabaja en el sector empresarial how will industry react to these proposals? ¿cuál va a ser la reacción de los empresarios frente a estas propuestas?Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (particular branch) industria (feminine) the steel/textile industry la industria siderúrgica/textil the construction industry la (industria de la) construcción the tourist industry el turismo a whole industry has grown up around healthy living la preocupación por la salud ha dado lugar a toda un área de actividad comercial
- The union is now the biggest in the private sector and manufacturing industry.
- Manufacturing and industry produced a large range of products aimed at many different markets.
- Costs of smelters scrap metal and other problems are having a major impact on manufacturing industry.
- The technology industry has a poor track record in attracting female applicants.
- Keeping up with the Kiwis now is hard work, as the wine industry continues to grow like topsy
- In the airline industry emotional labour is vital to the success of the product.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (hard work) [formal] laboriosidad (feminine), diligencia (feminine), aplicación (feminine)Example sentences
- Her sewing room, based in her farm in Fife, which she shares with her fiancé, is a hive of industry.
- On some occasions three courts were sitting simultaneously and it was a hive of industry and justice.
- His industry, inventiveness and hard work said a lot about the way Celtic play the game.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the