n (pl -tries)
- 1 1.1 u (in general) industria (f) heavy/light industry industria pesada/ligera she used to be a teacher but now she works in industry era maestra pero ahora trabaja en el sector empresarial how will industry react to these proposals? ¿cuál va a ser la reacción de los empresarios frente a estas propuestas?More example sentences1.2 c (particular branch) industria (f) the steel/textile industry la industria siderúrgica/textil the construction industry la (industria de la) construcción the tourist industry el turismo a whole industry has grown up around healthy living la preocupación por la salud ha dado lugar a toda un área de actividad comercial
More example sentences
- The union is now the biggest in the private sector and manufacturing industry.
- Manufacturing and industry produced a large range of products aimed at many different markets.
- Costs of smelters scrap metal and other problems are having a major impact on manufacturing industry.
- The technology industry has a poor track record in attracting female applicants.
- Keeping up with the Kiwis now is hard work, as the wine industry continues to grow like topsy
- In the airline industry emotional labour is vital to the success of the product.
- 2 u (hard work) [formal] laboriosidad (f), diligencia (f), aplicación (f)More example sentences
- Her sewing room, based in her farm in Fife, which she shares with her fiancé, is a hive of industry.
- On some occasions three courts were sitting simultaneously and it was a hive of industry and justice.
- His industry, inventiveness and hard work said a lot about the way Celtic play the game.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.