Translation of industry in Spanish:
noun plural industries
- 1 1.1 uncountable (in general) heavy/light industryindustria pesada/ligerashe used to be a teacher but now she works in industryera maestra pero ahora trabaja en el sector empresarialhow will industry react to these proposals?¿cuál va a ser la reacción de los empresarios frente a estas propuestas?Example sentences1.2 countable (particular branch) the steel/textile industry
la industria siderúrgica/textilthe construction industryla (industria de la) construcciónthe tourist industryel turismoa whole industry has grown up around healthy livingla preocupación por la salud ha dado lugar a toda un área de actividad comercialExample sentences
- The union is now the biggest in the private sector and manufacturing industry.
- Manufacturing and industry produced a large range of products aimed at many different markets.
- Costs of smelters scrap metal and other problems are having a major impact on manufacturing industry.
- The technology industry has a poor track record in attracting female applicants.
- Keeping up with the Kiwis now is hard work, as the wine industry continues to grow like topsy
- In the airline industry emotional labour is vital to the success of the product.
- 2 uncountable (hard work) [formal]Example sentences
- Her sewing room, based in her farm in Fife, which she shares with her fiancé, is a hive of industry.
- On some occasions three courts were sitting simultaneously and it was a hive of industry and justice.
- His industry, inventiveness and hard work said a lot about the way Celtic play the game.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.