Translation of inflame in Spanish:
- 1 (stir up)(situation)the crowd was inflamed by his speech
exacerbarsu discurso enardeció a la multitudExample sentences
- The split that is inflaming the public mood is the one between insiders and outsiders.
- Deterrence and punishment are not rational options, and politicians who seek to inflame public feeling in these distressing cases are being forced to recognise this.
- The fall of New Orleans in April 1862, combined with the Federal threat against Mobile, inflamed public passions.
- He's inflamed her heart, but now he is rolling out of town.
- So that just inflamed me even further because first of all Pol will never do something like that and secondly it was definitely not anybody I knew.
- I am rarely inflamed to such an extent as I was this morning reading this news report.
- Instead, the minister's comments seem to have inflamed the situation.
- Usually, outside comments just serve to inflame the situation.
- And consistent with the policies that we have upheld in relation to hostages, we don't want to inflame the situation by needless and unnecessary comment.
- 2 (Medicine)Example sentences
- When part of your body is inflamed, it is red, hot and sore.
- This is caused by infected and inflamed diverticula perforating or rupturing.
- The warnings state that Vitrase should not be used to reduce the swelling of bites, stings, and infected or inflamed areas because of the possibility of spreading a localized infection.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.