Translation of inflate in Spanish:
- 1.1 (with air, gas)Example sentences1.2 (increase)
- At launch, the balloon is partially inflated with helium and expands as it rises.
- If the balloon stays partially inflated, it can act as a sail and drag Fossett's closet-sized capsule for miles.
- A few pebbles from my drive in a party balloon partially inflated with water served the purpose.
inflar(reputation)to inflate someone's ego
exageraralimentarle el ego a alguien
hincharse (Spain)Example sentences
- About 10 minutes later, small air pockets throughout the mattress begin inflating and deflating to produce a gentle rocking motion.
- They inflate differently and behave differently, and once blown up, they can't be deflated for storage or re-used.
- Compressed air is blown into an opening and the two sheets inflate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.