- 1 (advise) informar; (by letter) informar, notificar* somebody informed the police alguien informó a la policía, alguien le pasó el dato a la policía (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) [colloquial/familiar] to keep sb informed mantener* a algn informado or al corriente he must be informed at once hay que avisarle or informarle inmediatamente we were not merely entertained but informed no fue solo entretenido sino que también instructivoto inform sb
of/ aboutsth we've not yet been informed of any change of plan todavía no se nos ha informado de ningún cambio de plan, todavía no se nos ha comunicado ningún cambio de plan its aim is to inform people about o of the dangers of pollution tiene por objeto informar (al público) sobre los peligros de la contaminación to inform sb thatinformarle a algn queI'm reliably informed that … me informan de buena fuente que …More example sentences
- In fact I was informed that the people of the area, not just the parents, had the same claim on the school as the Department.
- We could book our place on the lake and would have a guaranteed swim for the night; in fact we were informed that only six people were allowed to fish at night at any one time.
- If someone leaves a comment on one of your posts, you are sent an e-mail informing you of this fact, and containing the comment.
- 2 (permeate, shape) [formal] informar [formal]More example sentences
- New development needs to be informed by the principles of urbanism.
- Religion can inform every aspect of a person's life, including politics, and this, I think, is not a bad thing.
- The writing in Mapping is top quality because it is informed by design experience.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.