Translation of inform in Spanish:
- 1 (advise) somebody informed the policealguien informó a la policíaalguien le pasó el dato a la policía (Southern Cone) [colloquial]to keep somebody informedmantener a alguien informado or al corrientehe must be informed at oncehay que avisarle or informarle inmediatamentewe were not merely entertained but informedno fue solo entretenido sino que también instructivoto inform somebody
of/ aboutsomethingwe've not yet been informed of any change of plantodavía no se nos ha informado de ningún cambio de planits aim is to inform people about or of the dangers of pollution
todavía no se nos ha comunicado ningún cambio de plantiene por objeto informar (al público) sobre los peligros de la contaminaciónto inform somebody
thatinformarle a alguienI'm reliably informed that … queme informan de buena fuente que …Example sentences
- In fact I was informed that the people of the area, not just the parents, had the same claim on the school as the Department.
- We could book our place on the lake and would have a guaranteed swim for the night; in fact we were informed that only six people were allowed to fish at night at any one time.
- If someone leaves a comment on one of your posts, you are sent an e-mail informing you of this fact, and containing the comment.
- 2 (permeate, shape) [formal]informar [formal]Example sentences
- New development needs to be informed by the principles of urbanism.
- Religion can inform every aspect of a person's life, including politics, and this, I think, is not a bad thing.
- The writing in Mapping is top quality because it is informed by design experience.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.