- 1.1 (casual) [party/atmosphere] informal we're very informal in this office en esta oficina el ambiente es muy informal they speak to their superiors in an informal manner tratan a sus superiores sin ceremoniasMore example sentences1.2 (not official) [meeting/agreement] informal
More example sentences1.3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [register/expression] coloquial, familiar
- Cate nodded and slipped out of her informal dress that she had worn all day.
- He liked jazz, preferred informal dress, didn't much care for hunting and shooting, and was openly contemptuous of red carpets.
- Dress is informal and music will be provided by the Brose Walsh Band.
More example sentences
- It is an army establishment and although run on military lines the atmosphere is easy, informal and friendly.
- The atmosphere is relaxed, informal and friendly.
- The service throughout was extremely friendly and the informal atmosphere was enhanced by the fact that we felt we could have sat there all afternoon if we had wanted to.
- The content of websites can be written in formal as well as informal language.
- The blend of formal and informal language suits the school's mission and vision perfectly.
- And what about informal and formal names for living things?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.