Translation of informal in Spanish:
- 1.1 (casual) [party/atmosphere] informal we're very informal in this office en esta oficina el ambiente es muy informal they speak to their superiors in an informal manner tratan a sus superiores sin ceremoniasExample sentences1.2 (not official) [meeting/agreement] informal
Example sentences1.3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [register/expression] coloquial, familiar
- Cate nodded and slipped out of her informal dress that she had worn all day.
- He liked jazz, preferred informal dress, didn't much care for hunting and shooting, and was openly contemptuous of red carpets.
- Dress is informal and music will be provided by the Brose Walsh Band.
- It is an army establishment and although run on military lines the atmosphere is easy, informal and friendly.
- The atmosphere is relaxed, informal and friendly.
- The service throughout was extremely friendly and the informal atmosphere was enhanced by the fact that we felt we could have sat there all afternoon if we had wanted to.
- The content of websites can be written in formal as well as informal language.
- The blend of formal and informal language suits the school's mission and vision perfectly.
- And what about informal and formal names for living things?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.