- 1.1 (casual) [party/atmosphere] informal we're very informal in this office en esta oficina el ambiente es muy informal they speak to their superiors in an informal manner tratan a sus superiores sin ceremoniasMore example sentences1.2 (not official) [meeting/agreement] informal
More example sentences1.3 [Ling] [register/expression] coloquial, familiar
- Cate nodded and slipped out of her informal dress that she had worn all day.
- He liked jazz, preferred informal dress, didn't much care for hunting and shooting, and was openly contemptuous of red carpets.
- Dress is informal and music will be provided by the Brose Walsh Band.
More example sentences
- It is an army establishment and although run on military lines the atmosphere is easy, informal and friendly.
- The atmosphere is relaxed, informal and friendly.
- The service throughout was extremely friendly and the informal atmosphere was enhanced by the fact that we felt we could have sat there all afternoon if we had wanted to.
- The content of websites can be written in formal as well as informal language.
- The blend of formal and informal language suits the school's mission and vision perfectly.
- And what about informal and formal names for living things?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.