- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] ingrediente (masculine) the ingredients of o for this dish los ingredientes de or para este plato 1.2 [Pharmacology/Farmacología] componente (masculine) active ingredient componente activoMore example sentences1.3 (element) elemento (masculine) the main ingredients of her character los principales elementos de su carácter an essential ingredient of o for happiness un ingrediente or elemento esencial para ser feliz
More example sentences
- Place the first four ingredients in a food processor with a pinch of salt, and process until combined.
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan big enough to hold everything, including the pears.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper and place on a plate.
- The contribution of her staff over many years was also a vital ingredient in the factor of success.
- His fiction is constipated with the factual ingredients he stuffed into it.
- It is a film about overcoming the odds, an integral ingredient of the bush myth.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Most first names in Spanish-speaking countries are those of saints. A person's santo, (also known as onomástico in Latin America and onomástica in Spain) is the saint's day of the saint that they are named for. Children were once usually named for the saint whose day they were born on, but this is less common now.