Translation of ingrown in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] encarnado ingrown toenailExample sentences1.2 (inward-looking) [pejorative/peyorativo] the industry had become ingrown la industria se había anquilosado or se había quedado estancada
- To avoid ingrown toenails, cut your nails straight across.
- Your chances of developing an ingrown toenail are reduced if you cut your nails properly.
- If you are having any problems, such as loss of feeling, sores, or ingrown toenails, tell your doctor right away.
- Reading these poems I kept thinking of Ionesco in Paris, Nabokov in New England, even Beckett, split between English and French but doing anything to avoid the stale colloquialisms of an ingrown Irishness.
- We should be, as John Paul II has emphasized so often, reclaiming the culture, and that includes Catholic culture, where it has become ingrown and oppressive.
- Henighan considers the Toronto literary scene to be an ingrown milieu in which writers not published by USA branch plants are losers, and writers not living in Toronto are ignored.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.