Translation of ingrown in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Medicine) → ingrown toenailExample sentences1.2 (inward-looking) [pejorative]the industry had become ingrown
la industria se había anquilosado or se había quedado estancadaExample sentences
- To avoid ingrown toenails, cut your nails straight across.
- Your chances of developing an ingrown toenail are reduced if you cut your nails properly.
- If you are having any problems, such as loss of feeling, sores, or ingrown toenails, tell your doctor right away.
- Reading these poems I kept thinking of Ionesco in Paris, Nabokov in New England, even Beckett, split between English and French but doing anything to avoid the stale colloquialisms of an ingrown Irishness.
- We should be, as John Paul II has emphasized so often, reclaiming the culture, and that includes Catholic culture, where it has become ingrown and oppressive.
- Henighan considers the Toronto literary scene to be an ingrown milieu in which writers not published by USA branch plants are losers, and writers not living in Toronto are ignored.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.