Translation of inhibit in Spanish:
- 1 (hold back)(attempt)to inhibit somebody
from -ingimpedirle a alguien +her shyness inhibited her from saying more infinitivesu timidez le impidió decir nada másExample sentences
- Public provision of social security assistance could become less important if governments remove policies inhibiting innovation or restraining growth.
- The size and weight of early equipment, as well as technical difficulties and financial restraints, inhibited the development of radio communications between the wars.
- Tight ‘influx’ controls were designed to check urban growth and inhibit the development of a black urban working class.
- Nor can you allow his prior experience to inhibit you, since it does not put you at a disadvantage in any way that really matters.
- That one looked like he would like very much to be drunk, but obviously he was inhibited by the presence of his superior officer.
- You could dress it in superhero costumes, fantasize scenarios in which it pulls off epic feats, and use it to help you escape the imaginary constraints that have been inhibiting you lately.
- 2 (arrest)(growth/reaction)
- Unlike liquid extracted from other varieties of citrus, grapefruit juice can inhibit enzyme reactions in the gut.
- If the restriction enzyme activities were inhibited, the DNA fragment would not be cleaved and should be seen in its original size on the gel.
- Finally inclusion of EDTA in the reaction mixture inhibited the binding reaction suggesting that the divalent cations are essential for this binding activity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.