Translation of inhibition in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable or countable (Psychology) to lose/get rid of one's inhibitionsperder las inhibicioneshe has no inhibitions about discussing his personal problemshabla de sus problemas personales sin ninguna inhibiciónExample sentences
- But Freud also acknowledged that purely external factors, rather than internal inhibitions, might prevent the direct expression of such impulses.
- She then builds up a secondary inhibition to sexual arousal in order to avoid the frustration accompanying an unsatisfying sexual experience.
- The moral that Freud drew from this reasoning was that the inhibition of natural emotional expressions could lead to dangerous consequences.
- 2 uncountable (Biology, Chemistry)Example sentences
- With respect to this subject, the reported DNA damage and inhibition of DNA repair functions by photooxidative reactions is an interesting aspect.
- Similar calmodulin-mediated phosphorylations lead to inhibition of glycogen synthase.
- The alternative possibility, that the kinetic complexity of Mg-G-actin digestions arises from trypsin inhibition in these reactions, has been tested in two ways.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.