Translation of inhibition in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c [Psychology/Psicología] inhibición (feminine) to lose/get rid of one's inhibitions perder* las inhibiciones he has no inhibitions about discussing his personal problems habla de sus problemas personales sin ninguna inhibiciónExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Biology/Biología] [Chemistry/Química] inhibición (feminine)
- But Freud also acknowledged that purely external factors, rather than internal inhibitions, might prevent the direct expression of such impulses.
- She then builds up a secondary inhibition to sexual arousal in order to avoid the frustration accompanying an unsatisfying sexual experience.
- The moral that Freud drew from this reasoning was that the inhibition of natural emotional expressions could lead to dangerous consequences.
- With respect to this subject, the reported DNA damage and inhibition of DNA repair functions by photooxidative reactions is an interesting aspect.
- Similar calmodulin-mediated phosphorylations lead to inhibition of glycogen synthase.
- The alternative possibility, that the kinetic complexity of Mg-G-actin digestions arises from trypsin inhibition in these reactions, has been tested in two ways.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.