Translation of inhibition in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c [Psychology/Psicología] inhibición (feminine) to lose/get rid of one's inhibitions perder* las inhibiciones he has no inhibitions about discussing his personal problems habla de sus problemas personales sin ninguna inhibiciónExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Biology/Biología] [Chemistry/Química] inhibición (feminine)
- But Freud also acknowledged that purely external factors, rather than internal inhibitions, might prevent the direct expression of such impulses.
- She then builds up a secondary inhibition to sexual arousal in order to avoid the frustration accompanying an unsatisfying sexual experience.
- The moral that Freud drew from this reasoning was that the inhibition of natural emotional expressions could lead to dangerous consequences.
- With respect to this subject, the reported DNA damage and inhibition of DNA repair functions by photooxidative reactions is an interesting aspect.
- Similar calmodulin-mediated phosphorylations lead to inhibition of glycogen synthase.
- The alternative possibility, that the kinetic complexity of Mg-G-actin digestions arises from trypsin inhibition in these reactions, has been tested in two ways.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.