Translation of initiation in Spanish:
- 1 c and u (admission) initiation (
intosth) iniciación (feminine)( enalgo) (before noun/delante del nombre) initiation ceremony ceremonia (feminine) iniciática or de iniciaciónExample sentences
- He urged the society to enhance its initiation ceremonies.
- It was also the occasion for young men's initiation rites.
- I entered into what I consider to be one of the most serious oaths in my life on the night of my first initiation.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (of plan, talks) inicio (masculine) [formal], comienzo (masculine)Example sentences
- The most recent development in academic programs has been the initiation of the PhD-granting program in Rehabilitation Sciences.
- In such cases, the government is simply doing its entirely proper, strictly limited job of protecting individual rights from the initiation of physical force.
- The initiation of a review is the responsibility of the administrator's supervisor, who shall tailor the review to the unique aspects of the position.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to