Translation of initiative in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (independence of mind) iniciativa (feminine) she's got initiative tiene iniciativa on one's own initiative por iniciativa propia, (de) motu proprioExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (power to initiate) iniciativa (feminine) to take the initiative tomar la iniciativa
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (move, measure) iniciativa (feminine)
- Answering the 41 questions on this American ‘career advancement test’ is intended to determine your drive, initiative and ability to take on responsibility.
- The skills they need include creativity and initiative, the ability to make decisions and solve problems, and a knack for working with others.
- The interviewer is looking for your ability to show initiative, take responsibility and communicate.
- By not immediately pressing them in their retreat from the village, he lost both the initiative and an opportunity to finally curb the tribesmen and end the war.
- Lynx were ahead after 50 minutes but surrendered the initiative and despite laying siege to the Swinton try line in the closing stages they were unable to claim victory.
- Ireland had not played particularly well in that first half, had forced a dream start but quickly lost the initiative as they allowed their insecurities and nervousness to manifest itself into their play.
- Residents in one tenement in Edinburgh's Polwarth area which is managed by the scheme said the initiative had helped resolve anxieties about major structural work.
- The strategic initiative will include a two-stage approach to move to the full globalization of the market for top-level domains.
- The policy initiative includes measures to improve the investment climate in the country and the launching of a new investment law.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.