- 1.1 u (independence of mind) iniciativa (f) she's got initiative tiene iniciativa on one's own initiative por iniciativa propia, (de) motu proprioMore example sentences1.2 u (power to initiate) iniciativa (f) to take the initiative tomar la iniciativa
More example sentences1.3 c (move, measure) iniciativa (f)
- Answering the 41 questions on this American ‘career advancement test’ is intended to determine your drive, initiative and ability to take on responsibility.
- The skills they need include creativity and initiative, the ability to make decisions and solve problems, and a knack for working with others.
- The interviewer is looking for your ability to show initiative, take responsibility and communicate.
More example sentences
- By not immediately pressing them in their retreat from the village, he lost both the initiative and an opportunity to finally curb the tribesmen and end the war.
- Lynx were ahead after 50 minutes but surrendered the initiative and despite laying siege to the Swinton try line in the closing stages they were unable to claim victory.
- Ireland had not played particularly well in that first half, had forced a dream start but quickly lost the initiative as they allowed their insecurities and nervousness to manifest itself into their play.
- Residents in one tenement in Edinburgh's Polwarth area which is managed by the scheme said the initiative had helped resolve anxieties about major structural work.
- The strategic initiative will include a two-stage approach to move to the full globalization of the market for top-level domains.
- The policy initiative includes measures to improve the investment climate in the country and the launching of a new investment law.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.