Translation of initiative in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (independence of mind) she's got initiativetiene iniciativaon one's own initiativepor iniciativa propia
(de) motu proprioExample sentences
- Answering the 41 questions on this American ‘career advancement test’ is intended to determine your drive, initiative and ability to take on responsibility.
- The skills they need include creativity and initiative, the ability to make decisions and solve problems, and a knack for working with others.
- The interviewer is looking for your ability to show initiative, take responsibility and communicate.
- 2 uncountable (power to initiate) to take the initiativetomar la iniciativaExample sentences
- By not immediately pressing them in their retreat from the village, he lost both the initiative and an opportunity to finally curb the tribesmen and end the war.
- Lynx were ahead after 50 minutes but surrendered the initiative and despite laying siege to the Swinton try line in the closing stages they were unable to claim victory.
- Ireland had not played particularly well in that first half, had forced a dream start but quickly lost the initiative as they allowed their insecurities and nervousness to manifest itself into their play.
- 3 countable (move, measure)Example sentences
- Residents in one tenement in Edinburgh's Polwarth area which is managed by the scheme said the initiative had helped resolve anxieties about major structural work.
- The strategic initiative will include a two-stage approach to move to the full globalization of the market for top-level domains.
- The policy initiative includes measures to improve the investment climate in the country and the launching of a new investment law.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.