Translation of inject in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] [drug] inyectar to inject sth
intosth inyectar algo enalgo he injected it into the muscle lo inyectó en el músculo to inject sb withsth inyectar(le) algo aalgn he was injected with insulin se le inyectó insulinaExample sentences1.2to inject sth (
- The anaesthetist can then use the cannula to inject anaesthetic or painkilling drugs directly into the epidural space.
- In each case, the drug user had been injecting heroin into subcutaneous tissue.
- He became known for using a syringe to inject liquids and wax into blood vessels.
intosth) [fuel] inyectar algo ( enalgo)Example sentences1.3to inject sth (
- The seawater stream into which the combustion gas is injected is under pressure via the head of water exerted by the seawater reservoir.
- The graphite line includes an area at the edge of the panel through which air is injected at high pressure.
- A polyurethane resin is injected into the cavity.
intosth) [capital/resources] inyectarle algo ( aalgo) to inject life into the team inyectar(le) vida al equipoExample sentences
- A divisive element had been injected into the movement during its last phase when the British rulers had found that it was not possible for them to hold any longer.
- Something different has been injected into this fight.
- In the 16th century an element of drama was injected into these court entertainments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.