Translation of inject in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Medicine)(drug)to inject something
intosomethinginyectar algohe injected it into the muscle to inject somebody enalgo withsomethinginyectar(le) algohe was injected with insulin aalguiense le inyectó insulinaExample sentences1.2to inject something (
- The anaesthetist can then use the cannula to inject anaesthetic or painkilling drugs directly into the epidural space.
- In each case, the drug user had been injecting heroin into subcutaneous tissue.
- He became known for using a syringe to inject liquids and wax into blood vessels.
inyectar algo (
enalgo)Example sentences1.3to inject something (
- The seawater stream into which the combustion gas is injected is under pressure via the head of water exerted by the seawater reservoir.
- The graphite line includes an area at the edge of the panel through which air is injected at high pressure.
- A polyurethane resin is injected into the cavity.
intosomething)(capital/resources)to inject life into the team
inyectarle algo (
aalgo)inyectar(le) vida al equipoExample sentences
- A divisive element had been injected into the movement during its last phase when the British rulers had found that it was not possible for them to hold any longer.
- Something different has been injected into this fight.
- In the 16th century an element of drama was injected into these court entertainments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.