Translation of injection in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (Medicine) to give somebody an injectionponerle or darle una inyección a alguienshe had an injection of insulinle pusieron or le dieron una inyección de insulinaExample sentences1.2 uncountable
also: fuel injectioninyección (feminine) de combustible1.3 countable (of capital, energy)Example sentences
- There is no proven benefit to topical ointments, suppositories, or injections of local anesthetic.
- The area is numbed with an injection of local anesthetic.
- It also highlighted excessive use of injections and blood transfusions without proper sterilisation.
- Usually they are given by intravenous injection, by infusion pump into a vein or orally.
- EDITOR We have three comments about Pickup et al's meta-analysis comparing insulin infusion with injection, which may cast a different light on their main conclusion.
- Samples were introduced by gravity injection from 20 cm height for 20 s.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.