Translation of innocent in Spanish:
- 1 (not guilty) to be innocent
ofsomethingser inocente dealgoExample sentences
- Under Turkish law, everyone accused of a political or criminal offence is innocent until the crime is proved.
- Everyone charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed innocent until proved guilty in accordance with law.
- If we did follow a policy of no victims' names, we'd be horribly unfair to the other party, the person who's picked up for the crime and who is innocent until proved guilty.
- 2 (naive)Example sentences
- You could believe he was a young cop because LAPD cops are big and strong and physical and he's also young and naïve and innocent and wide eyed.
- Niceland revolves around Jed - a simple, innocent young man who very likely has some sort of developmental disorder.
- To rot this thread just a little I really think we've done children a complete disservice by assuming them to be naive, innocent little creatures.
- 3 (not malicious)(remark/game/mistake)
- The mimicry programmes may be crude, but they are harmless and provide innocent fun to the audience.
- We all agreed that the situation was purely innocent, harmless Internet fun.
- You quickly and publicly recognize that even if it was an innocent mistake, his credibility is now so damaged that he can no longer help the party by remaining in the leadership.
- 4 (devoid) [literary] (predicative) to be innocent
ofsomethingser ajenohe is innocent of all guile aalgoes ajeno a toda maliciaExample sentences
- He suggested it was worrying to players to suspect they could inadvertently test positive for a banned substance, believing it to be innocent of such chemicals.
- [literary] an innocent abroadun inocentónthe Massacre of the Innocentsla matanza de los inocentesExample sentences
- They are particularly impressive in their roles as the two younger girls - innocents who quickly come to grips with the nastiness of their new reality.
- He says the Telegraph ignored important reasons to suppose that the girl, or more likely her parents, were not innocents abroad but downloaders on a big scale.
- They were innocents abroad who were only doing what their society expected of them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.