Translation of innocent in Spanish:
- 1.1 (not guilty) inocente to be innocent
ofsth ser* inocente dealgoExample sentences1.2 (naive) inocente, ingenuo
Example sentences1.3 (not malicious) [remark/game/mistake] inocente
- Under Turkish law, everyone accused of a political or criminal offence is innocent until the crime is proved.
- Everyone charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed innocent until proved guilty in accordance with law.
- If we did follow a policy of no victims' names, we'd be horribly unfair to the other party, the person who's picked up for the crime and who is innocent until proved guilty.
Example sentences1.4 (devoid) [literary/literario] (predicative/predicativo) to be innocent
- You could believe he was a young cop because LAPD cops are big and strong and physical and he's also young and naïve and innocent and wide eyed.
- Niceland revolves around Jed - a simple, innocent young man who very likely has some sort of developmental disorder.
- To rot this thread just a little I really think we've done children a complete disservice by assuming them to be naive, innocent little creatures.
- The mimicry programmes may be crude, but they are harmless and provide innocent fun to the audience.
- We all agreed that the situation was purely innocent, harmless Internet fun.
- You quickly and publicly recognize that even if it was an innocent mistake, his credibility is now so damaged that he can no longer help the party by remaining in the leadership.
ofsth ser* ajeno aalgo he is innocent of all guile es ajeno a toda maliciaExample sentences
- He suggested it was worrying to players to suspect they could inadvertently test positive for a banned substance, believing it to be innocent of such chemicals.
- [literary/literario] inocente (masculine and feminine) an innocent abroad un inocentón the Massacre of the Innocents la matanza de los inocentes
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.