Translation of inquest in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Law/Derecho] investigación (feminine), pesquisa (feminine) judicial coroner's inquest[ investigación llevada a cabo por uncoroner ] to hold an inquest on sth llevar a cabo una investigación sobre algoExample sentences
- The costs could continue to rise as the Ministry of Defence is considering applying for a judicial review of the inquest.
- When being questioned in the inquest to this last incident, he is said to have given what I consider to be his most infamous saying yet.
- In her opinion the incidents described at the inquest were not necessarily related to the school, but had links with the local community.
Example sentences1.2 (investigation) pesquisa (feminine), indagación (feminine)
- An initial inquest on the island returned a verdict of accidental death but a second inquest held at Bromley Magistrates' Court recorded an open verdict.
- The Divisional Court directed the coroner to resume the inquest.
- The matter has now been referred to the coroner and an inquest into the death will be held in due course.
- The inquest consists of 11 eligible voters who review Prosecutors' decisions not to indict suspects.
- The inquest was told that when the incident happened, the southbound GNER train was travelling at 117 mph.
- The inquest also heard that an incident of her head shaking at an outpatient appointment had not been recorded in her medical notes.
- The company is carrying out its own investigation and an inquest was due to be opened this week.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Nochebuena, celebrated in Spanish-speaking countries rather than Christmas Day. Dinner is eaten before Midnight Mass, known as misa del gallo.