Translation of inquest in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Law/Derecho] investigación (feminine), pesquisa (feminine) judicial coroner's inquest[ investigación llevada a cabo por uncoroner ] to hold an inquest on sth llevar a cabo una investigación sobre algoExample sentences
- The costs could continue to rise as the Ministry of Defence is considering applying for a judicial review of the inquest.
- When being questioned in the inquest to this last incident, he is said to have given what I consider to be his most infamous saying yet.
- In her opinion the incidents described at the inquest were not necessarily related to the school, but had links with the local community.
Example sentences1.2 (investigation) pesquisa (feminine), indagación (feminine)
- An initial inquest on the island returned a verdict of accidental death but a second inquest held at Bromley Magistrates' Court recorded an open verdict.
- The Divisional Court directed the coroner to resume the inquest.
- The matter has now been referred to the coroner and an inquest into the death will be held in due course.
- The inquest consists of 11 eligible voters who review Prosecutors' decisions not to indict suspects.
- The inquest was told that when the incident happened, the southbound GNER train was travelling at 117 mph.
- The inquest also heard that an incident of her head shaking at an outpatient appointment had not been recorded in her medical notes.
- The company is carrying out its own investigation and an inquest was due to be opened this week.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a