Translation of inquest in Spanish:
- 1 (Law)investigación (feminine)coroner's inquest
pesquisa (feminine) judicial(investigación llevada a cabo por un→ coroner)to hold an inquest on somethingllevar a cabo una investigación sobre algoExample sentences
- The costs could continue to rise as the Ministry of Defence is considering applying for a judicial review of the inquest.
- When being questioned in the inquest to this last incident, he is said to have given what I consider to be his most infamous saying yet.
- In her opinion the incidents described at the inquest were not necessarily related to the school, but had links with the local community.
- An initial inquest on the island returned a verdict of accidental death but a second inquest held at Bromley Magistrates' Court recorded an open verdict.
- The Divisional Court directed the coroner to resume the inquest.
- The matter has now been referred to the coroner and an inquest into the death will be held in due course.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.