Translation of insane in Spanish:
- 1.1 (mad) demente, loco they drive you insane te enloquecen, te sacan de quicioExample sentences1.2 (foolish) insensato it's an insane idea es una locura, es una idea descabellada you must be insane tú debes (de) estar loco, tú debes (de) estar chiflado or tocado [colloquial/familiar]
- And anyway, why would we consider Nietzsche's writings the product of an insane mind?
- But them my parents would think I was mentally insane, and send me off to some special school.
- It was one of those awkward silences that made me want to scream and break my mirror to prevent myself from going insane.
- At the same time, all this does is alienate liberal supporters who are perplexed by her insane and pointless maneuvring.
- For people to go out and say my agent made a mistake is utterly ridiculous and insane.
- I am baffled at the ridiculous insane media coverage.
plural noun/nombre plural
- the insane los enfermos mentales (before noun/delante del nombre) insane asylum (American English/inglés norteamericano) [dated/anticuado] manicomio (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to