- 1 1.1 (engrave) to inscribe sth (
onsth) [words/letters] inscribir* algo ( enalgo) [design] grabar algo ( enalgo) to inscribe sth ( withsth) [locket/headstone] grabar algo ( conalgo)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (fix, impress) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) grabar 1.3 [book] dedicar*
- He inscribed the word ‘boring’ across his recently written notes.
- These were one liners written by groups of five poets who would each secretly inscribe a word on a slip of paper.
- On their leaves he has inscribed words from Scottish ghost stories.
More example sentences
- Thousands of bones and tortoise shells were discovered there which had been inscribed with ancient Chinese characters.
- He describes the frame's edges being inscribed with Japanese characters and expresses the wish to translate them.
- The watches are inscribed with serial numbers.
- And our prize books were duly inscribed copies of the following three.
- Mailer, disappointed to find that Buckley had apparently neglected to inscribe the book, promptly flipped through the index to see whether he had been mentioned.
- The book is inscribed at the front as belonging to a Mrs Janet Maule and is dated 25 June, 1701, although recipes have been added over a number of years.
- 2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] inscribir*More example sentences
- It involves the solution of polygons given certain sides and angles between them, their mensuration, division by diagonals, circumscribing polygons around circles and inscribing polygons in circles.
- Ptolemy calculated chords by first inscribing regular polygons of 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10 sides in a circle.
- This he obtained by circumscribing and inscribing a circle with regular polygons having 96 sides.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.