Translation of insert in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /ɪnˈsərt/ British English: /ɪnˈsəːt/
- After completing schooling, returning personnel are often inserted into leadership positions, which requires more time for teambuilding.
- The following week, Valerie saw a cancer specialist and had a biopsy, where a small needle was inserted into the suspicious lump to withdraw cells which were sent away for analysis.
- When a long, thick needle was inserted into a minuscule vein on the back of her teaspoon-sized hands and she didn't even flinch, I knew she was in the best place.
- Although everyone should be able to design a standard Web page in minutes using the point and click type tools to insert text, graphics and sound.
- Now users can just select the type tool and click to insert text directly on the canvas.
- More to the point, if a few paragraphs of text are not inserted here, the images won't look right on the page.
nounAmerican English: /ˈɪnˌsərt/ British English: /ˈɪnsəːt/
- 1 (printed material)Example sentences
- Tedious glossy magazine inserts to lure advertisers with inflated readership claims don't compensate for the lack of news in a newspaper.
- It is, honest to God, the term for the gummy adhesive used to attach inserts to magazine pages.
- More worryingly, will Fairfax cut back on boring news stories in favour of all these advertiser-supported inserts and supplements?
- 2 (Clothing)Example sentences
- She opened with a black gabardine mini-skirt with lace inserts paired with a dressy asymmetrical sheer silk top with bell sleeves.
- Here again, a great deal of attention has been paid to fabrics, Innovative jackets take of a geometric appearance with gussets, cutouts and inserts.
- Cap sleeves with off-white lace foamed off of a gold bodice with a white insert.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.