Translation of inside in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (interior part) from the inside outdesde el interior hacia afuerathe inside of the house is in very good repairel interior de la casa está muy bienthe door had been locked from the inside
la casa está muy bien por dentrohabían cerrado la puerta con llave por dentro1.2 (inner side, surface)parte (feminine) de dentro or (especially Latin America) de adentrothe jacket's padded on the insidela chaqueta es acolchada por dentro1.3 (of racetrack)(parte más cercana al centro)(of road) he tried to pass me on the insideme quiso adelantar por la derecha(in UK etc) me quiso adelantar por la izquierda1.4 (of organization) we've got a man on the insidetenemos a alguien infiltrado
- 3inside outyou've got your socks on inside outllevas los calcetines del or al revésno, you've got the whole thing inside out!¡que no, es al revés!to know something inside and out o (British English) inside out [colloquial]saberse algo al dedillo or al revés y al derechoto turn something inside outI turned the house inside out looking for itrevolví toda la casa buscándolohe turned the bag inside outvolvió la bolsa del revés
dio vuelta la bolsa (Southern Cone)
- 1 1.1 (within) inside the buildingdentro del edificioan actor must get inside a character's skin
en el interior del edificio [formal]el actor debe compenetrarse con el personaje1.2 (into) he followed her inside the barla siguió al interior or hasta dentro del bar
- 1.1 (within) what's inside?¿qué hay dentro or (especially Latin America) adentro?inside and outpor dentro y por fueraI had a strange feeling inside
por adentro y por afuera (especially Latin America)sentí una cosa por dentrodeep down inside I know that …en el fondo yo sé que …
en mi fuero interno yo sé que …Example sentences1.2 (indoors) come inside
entra1.3 (in prison) [colloquial]
- The salty breeze and the large beach are a welcome relief for many who are cooped up inside flats and apartments.
- It must be freezing out there, or perhaps it's just hot inside the confines of the apartment.
- A casino and arcade games will also be situated inside the house itself.
pasaentre rejas [colloquial]
a la sombra [colloquial]Example sentences
- A lot of the prisoners write about how hard it is inside and hopefully when they leave prison they will reflect on this.
- Some have committed murder while inside and then got a life sentence on top.
adjective before nounAmerican English: /ˈɪnˌsaɪd/ , /ɪnˈsaɪd/ British English: /ˈɪnsʌɪd/
interior(pocket)what's your inside leg measurement?
de adentro (especially Latin America)¿cuánto tiene or mide de entrepierna?Example sentences1.2the inside lane (Cars)
el carril de la derecha(in UK etc) el carril de la izquierda(Sport)
- Carry your wallet in an inside pocket, preferably one which can fasten never in your back pocket
- He tucks it swiftly in the inside pocket of his denim jacket, and will never feel the need to wear a comedy
- And to ensure she does not lose the ring, she says she will glue it to the inside pocket of her suit.
la calle número unoExample sentences1.3 (from within group)
(information)police think the robbery was an inside job
- Johnson has a lot of that in him; he's around the ball a lot, even from his inside position.
- The quarterback hands the ball off deep in the backfield to create the illusion of an inside zone play.
- But Snee has proved himself at inside centre and Oldfield has also proved himself.
de adentro (especially Latin America)la policía cree que alguien de la empresa ( or casa etc) está implicado en el robothe inside story on the latest Royal scandalla verdad sobre el último escándalo de la casa realExample sentences
- So not fair how the inside buzz on all things celeb are only for Tinseltownies?
- Also ahead here, an inside look at one of the most powerful families in American politics.
- While family members may not respond to these epistles, we do know some of the inside details.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.