Translation of insistent in Spanish:
- 1.1 (persistent) insistente the salesman was very insistent el vendedor insistió mucho to be insistent
thatinsistir en queshe was most insistent that you should visit her/that she hadn't done it insistió mucho en que la visitaras/en que no lo había hecho 1.2 (urgent, pressing) [need] apremianteExample sentences
- They are also having great fun, absorbed in what they are doing, breaking off only to fire insistent questions at their teacher.
- Despite Jake's insistent questions, he refused to explain the purchases.
- Xavier's case has yet to be resolved and he is insistent that he did not knowingly take any banned drugs.
- Rena turns to Greg, demanding him to be silent with her insistent, steady glare.
- It seems that at the heart of the Universe there is a steady, insistent beat.
- It wasn't a friendly sounding knock, but an insistent one, that demanded attention.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...