Translation of inspire in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (arouse)(love/confidence)(hope/courage)to inspire somebody
withsomethingthe news inspired us with new hopeshe doesn't inspire me with confidencela noticia nos infundió nuevas esperanzasno me inspira confianzaExample sentences1.2 (influence, encourage) to inspire somebody
- The gearbox is tight, but positive and the steering inspires confidence.
- It inspires feelings of affection and loyalty and such feelings are to be valued, not carelessly disregarded.
- Just reading the name inspires feeling of pity - imagine sharing your middle name with a town most famous for having an unusually large bus station.
tosomethingit inspired us to renewed effortswhat inspired you to do that?nos sirvió de estímulo or de acicate para redoblar nuestros esfuerzos¿qué te llevó or movió a hacer eso?Example sentences1.3 (give inspiration for)
(music/writing/painting)this song was inspired by something that happened to mea work clearly inspired by Renaissance artesta canción está inspirada en algo que me sucedióthe Bible is said to be divinely inspireduna obra de inspiración claramente renacentistase dice que la Biblia fue escrita por inspiración divinaExample sentences
- Let them stimulate your creativity and inspire you to begin a certification project in your own association.
- The challenge inspires me to urge the government to decide boldly to go ahead with the Bid.
- Pat's athletic ability inspired him to use his talents for the betterment of many local charities and so began a lifetime of running marathons for both worthy local causes and national charities.
- Asante's decision to make her central character an 18-year-old racist white girl was inspired by the rise in girl gang crime a few years ago.
- Heading this new effort to bring styles inspired by the famous professional golfer to the market is David Capano, a former senior executive at Vantage.
- That rise was inspired by the launch of the company's NavStream 3000 platform, which allows accurate indoor and outdoor positioning across a range of devices.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.