Translation of inspire in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (arouse) [love/confidence] inspirar; [fear/respect] inspirar, infundir; [hope/courage] infundirto inspire sb
withsth the news inspired us with new hope la noticia nos infundió nuevas esperanzas she doesn't inspire me with confidence no me inspira confianzaExample sentences1.2 (influence, encourage) estimularto inspire sb
- The gearbox is tight, but positive and the steering inspires confidence.
- It inspires feelings of affection and loyalty and such feelings are to be valued, not carelessly disregarded.
- Just reading the name inspires feeling of pity - imagine sharing your middle name with a town most famous for having an unusually large bus station.
tosth it inspired us to renewed efforts nos sirvió de estímulo or de acicate para redoblar nuestros esfuerzos what inspired you to do that? ¿qué te llevó or movió a hacer eso?Example sentences1.3 (give inspiration for) [music/writing/painting] inspirar this song was inspired by something that happened to me esta canción está inspirada en algo que me sucedió a work clearly inspired by Renaissance art una obra de inspiración claramente renacentista the Bible is said to be divinely inspired se dice que la Biblia fue escrita por inspiración divina
- Let them stimulate your creativity and inspire you to begin a certification project in your own association.
- The challenge inspires me to urge the government to decide boldly to go ahead with the Bid.
- Pat's athletic ability inspired him to use his talents for the betterment of many local charities and so began a lifetime of running marathons for both worthy local causes and national charities.
- Asante's decision to make her central character an 18-year-old racist white girl was inspired by the rise in girl gang crime a few years ago.
- Heading this new effort to bring styles inspired by the famous professional golfer to the market is David Capano, a former senior executive at Vantage.
- That rise was inspired by the launch of the company's NavStream 3000 platform, which allows accurate indoor and outdoor positioning across a range of devices.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the