Translation of inspire in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (arouse)(love/confidence)
inspirar(hope/courage)to inspire somebody
withsomethingthe news inspired us with new hopela noticia nos infundió nuevas esperanzasshe doesn't inspire me with confidenceno me inspira confianzaExample sentences1.2 (influence, encourage) to inspire somebody
- The gearbox is tight, but positive and the steering inspires confidence.
- It inspires feelings of affection and loyalty and such feelings are to be valued, not carelessly disregarded.
- Just reading the name inspires feeling of pity - imagine sharing your middle name with a town most famous for having an unusually large bus station.
tosomethingit inspired us to renewed effortsnos sirvió de estímulo or de acicate para redoblar nuestros esfuerzoswhat inspired you to do that?¿qué te llevó or movió a hacer eso?Example sentences1.3 (give inspiration for)
(music/writing/painting)this song was inspired by something that happened to me
- Let them stimulate your creativity and inspire you to begin a certification project in your own association.
- The challenge inspires me to urge the government to decide boldly to go ahead with the Bid.
- Pat's athletic ability inspired him to use his talents for the betterment of many local charities and so began a lifetime of running marathons for both worthy local causes and national charities.
inspiraresta canción está inspirada en algo que me sucedióa work clearly inspired by Renaissance artuna obra de inspiración claramente renacentistathe Bible is said to be divinely inspiredse dice que la Biblia fue escrita por inspiración divinaExample sentences
- Asante's decision to make her central character an 18-year-old racist white girl was inspired by the rise in girl gang crime a few years ago.
- Heading this new effort to bring styles inspired by the famous professional golfer to the market is David Capano, a former senior executive at Vantage.
- That rise was inspired by the launch of the company's NavStream 3000 platform, which allows accurate indoor and outdoor positioning across a range of devices.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.