Translation of installment in Spanish:
- 1 (payment) monthly installmentsmensualidades (feminine plural)to pay in o by installments
plazos (masculine plural) mensuales
cuotas (feminine plural) mensuales (especially Latin America)pagar a plazosto buy something on installment (American English) [colloquial]
pagar en cuotas (especially Latin America)comprar algo a plazos
comprar algo en cuotas (especially Latin America)Example sentences
- In some industrial and construction loans the amount lent may be drawn down by the borrower in instalments within an agreed period.
- Formerly, owners who sold their companies through asset sales and received the payment in installments had to pay taxes on an installment basis also.
- The policies typically vest in 10 to 20 years, after which investors can withdraw the money in installments or leave it where it is.
- 2 (part — of publication) the novel came out in installmentspublicaron la novela por entregasthe first installment of the History of the Worldel primer fascículo de la Historia del MundoExample sentences
- Written anonymously, it was published in instalments on the internet and soon became an underground sensation in mainland China's gay community.
- The series A Sense of Place will be launched during this special programme and the first instalment will be broadcast from 10.15 to 10.45 am.
- We gaze obediently like cattle at the television screen perched above, broadcasting the latest installment of a Spanish soap opera.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.