Translation of installment in Spanish:
- 1 (payment)cuota (feminine) (esp Latin America)monthly installmentsmensualidades (feminine plural)to pay in or by installments
plazos (masculine plural) mensuales
cuotas (feminine plural) mensuales (esp Latin America)pagar en cuotas (esp Latin America)to buy something on installment (US) [colloquial]comprar algo a plazoscomprar algo en cuotas (esp Latin America)Example sentences
- In some industrial and construction loans the amount lent may be drawn down by the borrower in instalments within an agreed period.
- Formerly, owners who sold their companies through asset sales and received the payment in installments had to pay taxes on an installment basis also.
- The policies typically vest in 10 to 20 years, after which investors can withdraw the money in installments or leave it where it is.
- 2 (part) the novel came out in installmentspublicaron la novela por entregasthe first installment of the History of the Worldel primer fascículo de la Historia del MundoExample sentences
- Written anonymously, it was published in instalments on the internet and soon became an underground sensation in mainland China's gay community.
- The series A Sense of Place will be launched during this special programme and the first instalment will be broadcast from 10.15 to 10.45 am.
- We gaze obediently like cattle at the television screen perched above, broadcasting the latest installment of a Spanish soap opera.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.