Translation of installment in Spanish:
- 1 (payment) plazo (masculine), cuota (feminine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) monthly installments mensualidades (feminine plural), plazos (masculine plural) mensuales, cuotas (feminine plural) mensuales (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) to pay in o by installments pagar* a plazos, pagar* en cuotas (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) to buy sth on installment (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar] comprar algo a plazos, comprar algo en cuotas (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina)Example sentences
- In some industrial and construction loans the amount lent may be drawn down by the borrower in instalments within an agreed period.
- Formerly, owners who sold their companies through asset sales and received the payment in installments had to pay taxes on an installment basis also.
- The policies typically vest in 10 to 20 years, after which investors can withdraw the money in installments or leave it where it is.
- 2 (part — of publication) entrega (feminine), fascículo (masculine); (— of TV, radio serial) episodio (masculine), capítulo (masculine) the novel came out in installments publicaron la novela por entregas the first installment of the History of the World el primer fascículo de la Historia del MundoExample sentences
- Written anonymously, it was published in instalments on the internet and soon became an underground sensation in mainland China's gay community.
- The series A Sense of Place will be launched during this special programme and the first instalment will be broadcast from 10.15 to 10.45 am.
- We gaze obediently like cattle at the television screen perched above, broadcasting the latest installment of a Spanish soap opera.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.