Translation of instance in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (example) to cite (but) a few instancespor citar algún ejemplofor instanceExample sentences1.2 (case) in this instance
en este casoin the first instance
- There are lines of communication and despite a few instances which might suggest otherwise, there's been a cordial relationship going on.
- PorkWatch says there are instances of imported pork and pork products being labelled in ways that might make shoppers think they are British.
- Importantly, these instances show the direction of the road ahead.
en esta ocasiónen primer lugara court of first instance (in UK) (Law)un tribunal de primera instanciaExample sentences
- In the first instance, take the matter of evaluation of the worth of a teacher.
- The detection in these instances is a matter of minutes, but most of these advanced devices are available only in the military.
- Needless to say, the availability of condoms matters little in these instances.
- 1 (exemplify) (usually passive) to be instanced byquedar demostrado porExample sentences
- He agreed that there were few houses being built in rural areas, and instanced the case of the man with the house on the mountainside.
- He instanced a case of a woman who borrowed £500 from one of these to attend a funeral down the country.
- In a recent report, Amnesty instanced the case of a farmer from the Shan tribe forced to work by the military.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.