Translation of instant in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (immediate) she took an instant dislike to himle cayó mal desde el primer momentoinstant deathmuerte (feminine) instantánea or en el actoan instant replyuna respuesta inmediatainstant picturesinstantáneas (feminine plural)instant creditcrédito (masculine) inmediato or instantáneoinstant gratificationgratificación (feminine) or satisfacción inmediataExample sentences1.2 (Cookery)
- The proposed Employment Law Reform Bill will change the requirement for instant dismissal in the case of serious misconduct.
- However, in some cases, instant dismissal may be justified if the conduct of the employee is serious and wilful.
- He demanded that million dollar severance payments be banned and that directors of large companies be made liable to instant dismissal.
- A heap of Scottish mince with instant pasta and cartoned passata can pass for lasagne.
- Foods with high GI include white bread, potatoes, instant rice, and cornflakes.
- The inflation rate edged up in December as a result of higher prices of key consumer products such as vegetable oil, soybean oil, and instant food.
- 1.1 (precise moment) come here this instant!¡ven aquí en este mismo instante or ahora mismo!at that (very) instanten ese (mismo) instante or momento(as conjunction) the instant (that) the bell rang, everyone rushed outen cuanto sonó el timbre or no bien sonó el timbre, todos salieron precipitadamentelet me know the instant he arrivesavíseme en cuanto llegue or no bien llegue1.2 (short time) in an instanten un momento or instantefor an instant I thought it was himpor un instante pensé que era élnot an instant too soonjusto a tiempoExample sentences
- But take to the practice field of the Calgary Rockies women's contact football team and thoughts of genteel femininity disappear in an instant.
- ‘I would like to think they would not make that mistake,’ he warned, the friendly smile disappearing for an instant.
- But when the children began to read the names, two years disappeared in an instant.
- The day has to be right for this, and the evening perfectly balanced, but it's worth waiting for the precise instant of stillness before the stars come out and the pond is just a pond once more.
- At the precise instant that both boys entered the astounding world of 3 - D, they emitted low moans of amazement.
- There is not enough bran in this book, not enough of the tangible grit of reality, happening at a specific instant in a precise place.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.