Translation of instant in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (immediate) [success/results] instantáneo, inmediato; [relief] instantáneo, en el acto she took an instant dislike to him le cayó mal desde el primer momento instant death muerte (feminine) instantánea or en el acto an instant reply una respuesta inmediata instant pictures instantáneas (feminine plural) instant credit crédito (masculine) inmediato or instantáneo instant gratification gratificación (feminine) or satisfacción inmediataExample sentences1.2 [Cookery/Cocina] [coffee/mashed potatoes] instantáneo
- The proposed Employment Law Reform Bill will change the requirement for instant dismissal in the case of serious misconduct.
- However, in some cases, instant dismissal may be justified if the conduct of the employee is serious and wilful.
- He demanded that million dollar severance payments be banned and that directors of large companies be made liable to instant dismissal.
- A heap of Scottish mince with instant pasta and cartoned passata can pass for lasagne.
- Foods with high GI include white bread, potatoes, instant rice, and cornflakes.
- The inflation rate edged up in December as a result of higher prices of key consumer products such as vegetable oil, soybean oil, and instant food.
- 1.1 (precise moment) instante (masculine) come here this instant! ¡ven aquí en este mismo instante or ahora mismo! at that (very) instant en ese (mismo) instante or momento (as conjunction/como conjunción) the instant (that) the bell rang, everyone rushed out en cuanto sonó el timbre or no bien sonó el timbre, todos salieron precipitadamente let me know the instant he arrives avíseme en cuanto llegue or no bien llegue 1.2 (short time) momento (masculine), instante (masculine) in an instant en un momento or instante for an instant I thought it was him por un instante pensé que era él not an instant too soon justo a tiempo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.