Translation of instant in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (immediate) she took an instant dislike to himinstant deathle cayó mal desde el primer momentoan instant replymuerte (feminine) instantánea or en el actoinstant picturesuna respuesta inmediatainstant creditinstantáneas (feminine plural)instant gratificationcrédito (masculine) inmediato or instantáneogratificación (feminine) or satisfacción inmediataExample sentences1.2 (Cookery)
(coffee/mashed potatoes)Example sentences
- The proposed Employment Law Reform Bill will change the requirement for instant dismissal in the case of serious misconduct.
- However, in some cases, instant dismissal may be justified if the conduct of the employee is serious and wilful.
- He demanded that million dollar severance payments be banned and that directors of large companies be made liable to instant dismissal.
- A heap of Scottish mince with instant pasta and cartoned passata can pass for lasagne.
- Foods with high GI include white bread, potatoes, instant rice, and cornflakes.
- The inflation rate edged up in December as a result of higher prices of key consumer products such as vegetable oil, soybean oil, and instant food.
- 1.1 (precise moment) come here this instant!at that (very) instant¡ven aquí en este mismo instante or ahora mismo!(as conjunction) the instant (that) the bell rang, everyone rushed outen ese (mismo) instante or momentolet me know the instant he arrivesen cuanto sonó el timbre or no bien sonó el timbre, todos salieron precipitadamente1.2 (short time) in an instantavíseme en cuanto llegue or no bien lleguefor an instant I thought it was himen un momento or instantenot an instant too soonpor un instante pensé que era éljusto a tiempoExample sentences
- But take to the practice field of the Calgary Rockies women's contact football team and thoughts of genteel femininity disappear in an instant.
- ‘I would like to think they would not make that mistake,’ he warned, the friendly smile disappearing for an instant.
- But when the children began to read the names, two years disappeared in an instant.
- The day has to be right for this, and the evening perfectly balanced, but it's worth waiting for the precise instant of stillness before the stars come out and the pond is just a pond once more.
- At the precise instant that both boys entered the astounding world of 3 - D, they emitted low moans of amazement.
- There is not enough bran in this book, not enough of the tangible grit of reality, happening at a specific instant in a precise place.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.