Translation of instruct in Spanish:
- 1 (command)to instruct somebody to +
infinitiveordenar a alguienI instructed the children to go home que+ subjunctiveordené a los niños que se fueran a casaI've been instructed to take you theretengo instrucciones de llevarla allíExample sentences
- The German soldier, instructed in killing and ordered to destroy him, held the photos.
- In future local authorities, which are currently powerless, will be able to issue formal notices instructing the reduction of a hedge's height and its long-term maintenance.
- After months of wrangling, a council last month issued an enforcement order instructing Mr Bennett to remove it or face prosecution.
- 2 (Law) 2.1(jury)2.2
instruir (sobre ciertos aspectos legales)(solicitor/barrister) (especially British English)
darle instrucciones aExample sentences
- The judge properly addressed the question of whether it was ACP or Mr Atkinson who was the client instructing the company's solicitors.
- But the onus is of course on them to instruct us, as it would be for any client to instruct their solicitor.
- I made it very clear to the defendant that he should instruct a solicitor if he wanted to cross-examine the complainant, and should do this ASAP today if possible.
- If counsel is instructed by a solicitor who is in court, he too should be allowed to attend the discussion.
- This is called the Bar table, and on this side the solicitors who instruct the barristers and prepare their work, they sit there.
- Counsel was instructed and advised that a single change of user from military to civilian would not amount to a material change of use.
- 3 [formal] 3.1 (teach)to instruct somebody
insomethingenseñarle algo a alguienshe was instructed in the catechism by Father Smith
instruir a alguien
enalgoel padre Smith le enseñó el catecismowe were instructed in the use of the machinese nos instruyó en el manejo de la máquina3.2 (inform) I have been instructed by my legal advisers that …mis asesores legales me han informado que …Example sentences
- These officials should be instructed that they have the right and duty to refuse to obey any order to participate in torture.
- Indeed, it is she who instructs him of his identity.
- In an appendix on Polish pronunciation Ruane helpfully instructs us that the name is pronounced ‘pop-yeh-wooshko’ with the stress on the ‘woosh’.
- I will instruct you and teach you.
- The best in language and the worst in language are found in literature, and it's the best that instructs you, that teaches you.
- With whom did He take counsel, and who instructed Him, and taught Him in the path of justice?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.