Translation of instruct in Spanish:
- 1 (command)to instruct somebody to +
infinitiveordenar a alguienI instructed the children to go home que+ subjunctiveordené a los niños que se fueran a casaI've been instructed to take you theretengo instrucciones de llevarla allíExample sentences
- The German soldier, instructed in killing and ordered to destroy him, held the photos.
- In future local authorities, which are currently powerless, will be able to issue formal notices instructing the reduction of a hedge's height and its long-term maintenance.
- After months of wrangling, a council last month issued an enforcement order instructing Mr Bennett to remove it or face prosecution.
- 2 (Law) 2.1(jury)2.2
instruir (sobre ciertos aspectos legales)(solicitor/barrister) (esp British)
darle instrucciones aExample sentences
- The judge properly addressed the question of whether it was ACP or Mr Atkinson who was the client instructing the company's solicitors.
- But the onus is of course on them to instruct us, as it would be for any client to instruct their solicitor.
- I made it very clear to the defendant that he should instruct a solicitor if he wanted to cross-examine the complainant, and should do this ASAP today if possible.
- If counsel is instructed by a solicitor who is in court, he too should be allowed to attend the discussion.
- This is called the Bar table, and on this side the solicitors who instruct the barristers and prepare their work, they sit there.
- Counsel was instructed and advised that a single change of user from military to civilian would not amount to a material change of use.
- 3 [formal] 3.1 (teach)to instruct somebody
insomethingenseñarle algo a alguienshe was instructed in the catechism by Father Smith
instruir a alguien
enalgoel padre Smith le enseñó el catecismowe were instructed in the use of the machinese nos instruyó en el manejo de la máquinaExample sentences3.2 (inform) I have been instructed by my legal advisers that …
mis asesores legales me han informado que …Example sentences
- I will instruct you and teach you.
- The best in language and the worst in language are found in literature, and it's the best that instructs you, that teaches you.
- With whom did He take counsel, and who instructed Him, and taught Him in the path of justice?
- These officials should be instructed that they have the right and duty to refuse to obey any order to participate in torture.
- Indeed, it is she who instructs him of his identity.
- In an appendix on Polish pronunciation Ruane helpfully instructs us that the name is pronounced ‘pop-yeh-wooshko’ with the stress on the ‘woosh’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.