Translation of instruction in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (direction) instructions (for use)instrucciones
modo de empleo(before noun) (manual/book/leaflet)
de instruccionesExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (order) I gave clear instructions that …
- Jones had given explicit instructions to his charges to behave earlier this week.
- Whether such an instruction qualifies the order to the bank or is directed to the payee is a question of fact.
- Finally the agent gives the woman the same instructions, ordering her to kill her husband.
di órdenes or instrucciones precisas de que …they left instructions for their meal to be ready at six o'clockdejaron instrucciones de que la comida estuviera lista para las seisthey were acting on the instructions of the chief of policecumplían órdenes del jefe de policíaI am under instructions to be back by eighttengo órdenes or orden de estar de vuelta a las ocho1.3 (Computing)Example sentences1.4
- Each person was given detailed information and instructions on how to contribute to the study.
- As well as detailed, door-to-door instructions, it provides users with a range of additional services.
- USA Today published detailed instructions on how to treat a flag - it must never, ever touch the ground.
also: instructions plural(British English) (Law)instrucciones (feminine plural)Example sentences
- Clock speed will show the number of instructions that a computer can execute in a second.
- Virtual memory uses an MMU to convert the virtual addresses that are used by program instructions to physical locations.
- Properly crafted computer instructions appended to the text will then be executed by the machine, giving hackers a way in.
- She does not say what particular instructions the solicitors received.
- Equally, that is the proper time for his solicitors to receive such instructions.
- I read that in the papers somewhere that the trial judge actually gave some instructions to the jury about the role of the foreman.
- 2 uncountable (teaching, training) [formal]instruction (
insomething) they are given instruction in martial artsse les instruye en las artes marcialesExample sentences
- The practical foundation of this policy has been the medium of instruction in primary schools.
- The loss of parental preference does not mean that a child has no access to educational instruction either in school or otherwise.
- The second model used Irish as the medium of instruction in schools either partially or fully.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.