Translation of instruction in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (direction) instructions (for use)instrucciones(before noun) (manual/book/leaflet)de instruccionesExample sentences1.2 (order) I gave clear instructions that …
they left instructions for their meal to be ready at six o'clockdi órdenes or instrucciones precisas de que …they were acting on the instructions of the chief of policedejaron instrucciones de que la comida estuviera lista para las seisI am under instructions to be back by eightcumplían órdenes del jefe de policíatengo órdenes or orden de estar de vuelta a las ochoExample sentences1.3 (Computing)
- Each person was given detailed information and instructions on how to contribute to the study.
- Once the explosives are ready, there are detailed instructions on how to make a suicide belt.
- As well as detailed, door-to-door instructions, it provides users with a range of additional services.
- Jones had given explicit instructions to his charges to behave earlier this week.
- Whether such an instruction qualifies the order to the bank or is directed to the payee is a question of fact.
- Finally the agent gives the woman the same instructions, ordering her to kill her husband.
also: instructions plural(British English) (Law)instrucciones (feminine plural)Example sentences
- Clock speed will show the number of instructions that a computer can execute in a second.
- Virtual memory uses an MMU to convert the virtual addresses that are used by program instructions to physical locations.
- Properly crafted computer instructions appended to the text will then be executed by the machine, giving hackers a way in.
- She does not say what particular instructions the solicitors received.
- Equally, that is the proper time for his solicitors to receive such instructions.
- I read that in the papers somewhere that the trial judge actually gave some instructions to the jury about the role of the foreman.
- 2 uncountable (teaching, training) [formal]instruction (
insomething) they are given instruction in martial artsse les instruye en las artes marcialesExample sentences
- The practical foundation of this policy has been the medium of instruction in primary schools.
- The loss of parental preference does not mean that a child has no access to educational instruction either in school or otherwise.
- The second model used Irish as the medium of instruction in schools either partially or fully.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.