Translation of instruction in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (direction) instrucción (feminine) instructions (for use) instrucciones, modo de empleo (before noun/delante del nombre) [manual/book/leaflet] de instruccionesExample sentences1.2 (order) instrucción (feminine), orden (feminine) I gave clear instructions that … di órdenes or instrucciones precisas de que … they left instructions for their meal to be ready at six o'clock dejaron instrucciones de que la comida estuviera lista para las seis they were acting on the instructions of the chief of police cumplían órdenes del jefe de policía I am under instructions to be back by eight tengo órdenes or orden de estar de vuelta a las ocho
Example sentences1.3 [Computing/Informática] instrucción (feminine)
- Each person was given detailed information and instructions on how to contribute to the study.
- Once the explosives are ready, there are detailed instructions on how to make a suicide belt.
- As well as detailed, door-to-door instructions, it provides users with a range of additional services.
- Jones had given explicit instructions to his charges to behave earlier this week.
- Whether such an instruction qualifies the order to the bank or is directed to the payee is a question of fact.
- Finally the agent gives the woman the same instructions, ordering her to kill her husband.
(instructions plural)(British English/inglés británico) [Law/Derecho] instrucciones (feminine plural)Example sentences
- Clock speed will show the number of instructions that a computer can execute in a second.
- Virtual memory uses an MMU to convert the virtual addresses that are used by program instructions to physical locations.
- Properly crafted computer instructions appended to the text will then be executed by the machine, giving hackers a way in.
- She does not say what particular instructions the solicitors received.
- Equally, that is the proper time for his solicitors to receive such instructions.
- I read that in the papers somewhere that the trial judge actually gave some instructions to the jury about the role of the foreman.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (teaching, training) [formal] instruction (
insth) instrucción (feminine)( enalgo) they are given instruction in martial arts se les instruye en las artes marcialesExample sentences
- The practical foundation of this policy has been the medium of instruction in primary schools.
- The loss of parental preference does not mean that a child has no access to educational instruction either in school or otherwise.
- The second model used Irish as the medium of instruction in schools either partially or fully.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.