- 1(musical instrument)instrumento (m) (musical)
- 2 2.1 (piece of equipment) instrumento (m) a blunt instrument un instrumento contundente they are in desperate need of surgical instruments necesitan instrumental quirúrgico urgentemente 2.2(instruments pl)[Aviat] instrumentos (mpl), mandos (mpl); [Auto] instrumentación (f), instrumentos (mpl) to fly/land on instruments volar*/aterrizar* por instrumentosMore example sentences2.3 (means, tool) instrumento (m) she was merely an instrument of fate fue un mero instrumento del destino
More example sentences
- In low visibility, they help guide pilots to the runway as we transition from flying on the aircraft's instruments to a visual landing.
- The group will use an accousticom instrument to measure radiation levels in and around homes.
- Test aircraft are well covered, along with other, usually neglected, topics such as manufacturing and aircraft instruments.
More example sentences
- The use of robotics in medicine allows for unprecedented control and precision of surgical instruments in minimally invasive procedures.
- I am a surgeon, so my tools are my surgical instruments.
- Well, they are holding a pen fair, from April 19 to April 21, to showcase a plethora of pens and writing instruments.
- Both have committed themselves to developing education as an instrument of social change.
- The decay of American liberalism as a credible instrument of social reform can be traced all the way back to the first decades of the twentieth century.
- The court was laden with judges who believe strongly in judicial activism - liberally interpreting the law so that it can be used an instrument of social reform.
- 3 (document) [Law] instrumento (m)More example sentences
- The Magna Carta is often regarded as one of the first instruments which documented due process.
- Without the ability to resort to formal regulatory and legal instruments, the Japanese bureaucracy could guide but could not lead.
- The result is that if the memorandum were to have any effect at all, it had to be as a testamentary instrument, and not as document creating an inter vivos trust.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.