- 1(musical instrument)instrumento (masculine) (musical)
- 2 2.1 (piece of equipment) instrumento (masculine) a blunt instrument un instrumento contundente they are in desperate need of surgical instruments necesitan instrumental quirúrgico urgentemente 2.2(instruments plural)[Aviation/Aviación] instrumentos (mpl), mandos (mpl); [Cars/Automovilismo] instrumentación (f), instrumentos (mpl) to fly/land on instruments volar*/aterrizar* por instrumentosMore example sentences2.3 (means, tool) instrumento (masculine) she was merely an instrument of fate fue un mero instrumento del destino
More example sentences
- In low visibility, they help guide pilots to the runway as we transition from flying on the aircraft's instruments to a visual landing.
- The group will use an accousticom instrument to measure radiation levels in and around homes.
- Test aircraft are well covered, along with other, usually neglected, topics such as manufacturing and aircraft instruments.
More example sentences
- The use of robotics in medicine allows for unprecedented control and precision of surgical instruments in minimally invasive procedures.
- I am a surgeon, so my tools are my surgical instruments.
- Well, they are holding a pen fair, from April 19 to April 21, to showcase a plethora of pens and writing instruments.
- Both have committed themselves to developing education as an instrument of social change.
- The decay of American liberalism as a credible instrument of social reform can be traced all the way back to the first decades of the twentieth century.
- The court was laden with judges who believe strongly in judicial activism - liberally interpreting the law so that it can be used an instrument of social reform.
- 3 (document) [Law/Derecho] instrumento (masculine)More example sentences
- The Magna Carta is often regarded as one of the first instruments which documented due process.
- Without the ability to resort to formal regulatory and legal instruments, the Japanese bureaucracy could guide but could not lead.
- The result is that if the memorandum were to have any effect at all, it had to be as a testamentary instrument, and not as document creating an inter vivos trust.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)