- 1(musical instrument)instrumento (masculine) (musical)
- 2 2.1 (piece of equipment) instrumento (masculine) a blunt instrument un instrumento contundente they are in desperate need of surgical instruments necesitan instrumental quirúrgico urgentemente 2.2(instruments plural)[Aviation/Aviación] instrumentos (masculine plural), mandos (masculine plural); [Cars/Automovilismo] instrumentación (feminine), instrumentos (masculine plural) to fly/land on instruments volar*/aterrizar* por instrumentosMore example sentences2.3 (means, tool) instrumento (masculine) she was merely an instrument of fate fue un mero instrumento del destino
More example sentences
- In low visibility, they help guide pilots to the runway as we transition from flying on the aircraft's instruments to a visual landing.
- The group will use an accousticom instrument to measure radiation levels in and around homes.
- Test aircraft are well covered, along with other, usually neglected, topics such as manufacturing and aircraft instruments.
More example sentences
- The use of robotics in medicine allows for unprecedented control and precision of surgical instruments in minimally invasive procedures.
- I am a surgeon, so my tools are my surgical instruments.
- Well, they are holding a pen fair, from April 19 to April 21, to showcase a plethora of pens and writing instruments.
- Both have committed themselves to developing education as an instrument of social change.
- The decay of American liberalism as a credible instrument of social reform can be traced all the way back to the first decades of the twentieth century.
- The court was laden with judges who believe strongly in judicial activism - liberally interpreting the law so that it can be used an instrument of social reform.
- 3 (document) [Law/Derecho] instrumento (masculine)More example sentences
- The Magna Carta is often regarded as one of the first instruments which documented due process.
- Without the ability to resort to formal regulatory and legal instruments, the Japanese bureaucracy could guide but could not lead.
- The result is that if the memorandum were to have any effect at all, it had to be as a testamentary instrument, and not as document creating an inter vivos trust.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.