Translation of insurance in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable [Finance] seguro (masculine) he works in insurance trabaja en el ramo de los seguros medical/fire insurance seguro médico/de or contra incendios to take out insurance hacerse* or contratar un seguro (before noun/delante del nombre) insurance agent/broker agente (masculine and feminine) de segurosExample sentences
- Lawyers fees, taxes and insurance must all be paid.
- He said increased overheads such as insurance, rents and service charges have resulted in some shops becoming unviable.
- Take a look at your expenses over the last year to get an idea of annual expenses, such as taxes, insurance and subscription services.
- He stands accused of setting fire to the store to collect insurance on the building and its contents.
- The murders took place to collect insurance on slaves who were sick and dying and therefore would not, on reaching land, become marketable commodities.
- Why not just burn the kitchen down when I light the stove so I can collect insurance and spend it all on college tuition?
- 2 (precaution) (no plural/sin plural) prevención (feminine) I take vitamin C as an insurance against colds tomo vitamina C como prevención contra los catarros or para prevenir los catarrosExample sentences
- The additional altitude would give us a bit of insurance against a possible explosive mid-air meeting with one of our friends.
- It was designed not as a gambling arena, it was designed as insurance against the possibility you will not have enough savings.
- My husband's just had a phone call from the bank trying to sell him Card Protection insurance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.