- 1 uncountable/no numerable [Finance/Finanzas] seguro (masculine) he works in insurance trabaja en el ramo de los seguros medical/fire insurance seguro médico/de or contra incendios to take out insurance hacerse* or contratar un seguro (before noun/delante del nombre) insurance agent/broker agente (masculine and feminine) de seguros insurance certificate póliza (feminine) de seguros insurance claim reclamación (feminine) al seguro insurance company compañía (feminine) de seguros, (compañía (feminine) aseguradora (feminine) insurance premium prima (feminine) de seguroMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Lawyers fees, taxes and insurance must all be paid.
- He said increased overheads such as insurance, rents and service charges have resulted in some shops becoming unviable.
- Take a look at your expenses over the last year to get an idea of annual expenses, such as taxes, insurance and subscription services.
- He stands accused of setting fire to the store to collect insurance on the building and its contents.
- The murders took place to collect insurance on slaves who were sick and dying and therefore would not, on reaching land, become marketable commodities.
- Why not just burn the kitchen down when I light the stove so I can collect insurance and spend it all on college tuition?
- 2 (precaution) (no plural/sin plural) prevención (feminine) I take vitamin C as an insurance against colds tomo vitamina C como prevención contra los catarros or para prevenir los catarrosMore example sentences
- The additional altitude would give us a bit of insurance against a possible explosive mid-air meeting with one of our friends.
- It was designed not as a gambling arena, it was designed as insurance against the possibility you will not have enough savings.
- My husband's just had a phone call from the bank trying to sell him Card Protection insurance.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.