Translation of insurance in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (Finance) he works in insurancemedical/fire insurancetrabaja en el ramo de los segurosto take out insuranceseguro médico/de or contra incendios(before noun) insurance agent/brokerhacerse or contratar un seguroExample sentences
- Lawyers fees, taxes and insurance must all be paid.
- He said increased overheads such as insurance, rents and service charges have resulted in some shops becoming unviable.
- Take a look at your expenses over the last year to get an idea of annual expenses, such as taxes, insurance and subscription services.
- He stands accused of setting fire to the store to collect insurance on the building and its contents.
- The murders took place to collect insurance on slaves who were sick and dying and therefore would not, on reaching land, become marketable commodities.
- Why not just burn the kitchen down when I light the stove so I can collect insurance and spend it all on college tuition?
- 2 (precaution) (no plural) I take vitamin C as an insurance against coldstomo vitamina C como prevención contra los catarros or para prevenir los catarrosExample sentences
- The additional altitude would give us a bit of insurance against a possible explosive mid-air meeting with one of our friends.
- It was designed not as a gambling arena, it was designed as insurance against the possibility you will not have enough savings.
- My husband's just had a phone call from the bank trying to sell him Card Protection insurance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the