Translation of insurgent in Spanish:
- [formal]insurgente [formal]
- Taking a page out of the tactics of Anglo-American imperialism in Italy, the Stalinist bureaucracy leaves the insurgent proletariat to be crushed by the retreating Nazis.
- No, I do not remember any crimes being committed, other than the work of terrorist organisations and insurgent forces.
- But the turning point of the film, the Warsaw Ghetto uprising where 40,000 insurgent Jews held off the Nazis for almost a month with few weapons, is watched from a distance.
- [formal]insurgente (masculine and feminine) [formal]
insurrecto, (-ta) (masculine, feminine) [formal]
sublevado, (-da) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Leniency also should be extended to those insurgents and terrorists who give up the armed struggle.
- With crimes like this, it's not hard to see why the insurgents keep attacking the police.
- If you use terms like militants, insurgents, guerrillas, you are not saying these people are evil.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.