- 1 (of water, air) entrada (f); (of calories, protein) consumo (m) a sharp intake of breath una inhalación bruscaMore example sentences
- All patients were told to cut their food intake by 600 calories daily.
- The important thing is to tailor the food intake to the amount of physical activity one undertakes.
- Change the quality and amount of your food intake.
- 2 [Tech] (pipe, vent) toma (f) (de aire, agua etc)More example sentences
- Following the hand rails along the starboard side of the wreck we came to the ladder and davits for the gang plank before turning to cross the deck and past the numerous engine room air intakes.
- The storm got sand in the engine intakes and eroded the fuel relays.
- The BMW M6 has deeper front valance with air intakes for the engine and brakes, more contoured sills and rear valance that includes a diffuser to increase aerodynamic efficiency.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.