Translation of intake in Spanish:
- 1 (of water, air) entrada (feminine); (of calories, protein) consumo (masculine) a sharp intake of breath una inhalación bruscaExample sentences
- All patients were told to cut their food intake by 600 calories daily.
- The important thing is to tailor the food intake to the amount of physical activity one undertakes.
- Change the quality and amount of your food intake.
- 2 [Technology/Tecnología] (pipe, vent) toma (feminine) (de aire, agua etc)Example sentences
- Following the hand rails along the starboard side of the wreck we came to the ladder and davits for the gang plank before turning to cross the deck and past the numerous engine room air intakes.
- The storm got sand in the engine intakes and eroded the fuel relays.
- The BMW M6 has deeper front valance with air intakes for the engine and brakes, more contoured sills and rear valance that includes a diffuser to increase aerodynamic efficiency.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.