Translation of intemperate in Spanish:
- 1 (unrestrained) an intemperate outburstun desafuero
un exabruptoExample sentences
- I take offence at the suggestion, which would be refuted by anyone present in the Committee, that my behaviour was intemperate, immoderate, or offensive, if that word was used, as well.
- A hastily penned memo from the heir to the throne, and an intemperate radio outburst from the Education Secretary, says everything about the entrenched positions of royalty and New Labour.
- But his explanation for his intemperate outburst does not inspire confidence.
- 2 (addicted to drink) [euphemistic]Example sentences
- Devout New England Puritans were not unusually promiscuous or intemperate.
- Why had she married this rakish, intemperate man - this man who drank himself to an early demise?
- But the hopefulness with which Joey starts the summer rapidly devolves into confusion and fright as he tries to manage his remorseful, fetching, intemperate, hyperactive, and alcoholic father.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.