Translation of intention in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (aim, purpose) voting intentions (British English) it was not my intention to cause troubleI have every intention of goingno fue mi intención ocasionar problemasI don't have the slightest intention of telling hertengo la firme intención de irI have no intention of writing to themno tengo la menor intención de decírseloI did it with the best (of) intentionsno tengo intenciones de escribirlesno pienso escribirlesif I offended you, it was quite without intention [formal]lo hice con la mejor intención (del mundo)his intentions are strictly honorable [dated or hum]si la ofendí, fue sin querer or sin intenciónviene con buenas intenciones[anticuado o hum]Example sentences1.2 uncountable (Law)
- The automaker is hinting that it considers a recall unnecessary and plans to announce its intentions next week.
- Last night he announced his intention to stand down as leader of the Labour party in Wales.
- He said that there were no plans, intentions, desires, or need for any increases greater than inflation.
- There had been, in fact if not intention, a collaborative intelligence corruption.
- Highland says there is no certainty of intention to create a trust on the part of Aldridge.
- If practice is undertaken for mental or spiritual gain, that intention will determine the results.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than