Translation of intention in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c (aim, purpose) intención (feminine), propósito (masculine) voting intentions (British English/inglés británico) intención de voto it was not my intention to cause trouble no fue mi intención ocasionar problemas I have every intention of going tengo la firme intención de ir I don't have the slightest intention of telling her no tengo la menor intención de decírselo I have no intention of writing to them no tengo intenciones de escribirles, no pienso escribirles I did it with the best (of) intentions lo hice con la mejor intención (del mundo) if I offended you, it was quite without intention [formal] si la ofendí, fue sin querer or sin intención his intentions are strictly honorable [dated or hum] viene con buenas intenciones [anticuado o hum]Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Law/Derecho] intencionalidad (feminine)
- The automaker is hinting that it considers a recall unnecessary and plans to announce its intentions next week.
- Last night he announced his intention to stand down as leader of the Labour party in Wales.
- He said that there were no plans, intentions, desires, or need for any increases greater than inflation.
- There had been, in fact if not intention, a collaborative intelligence corruption.
- Highland says there is no certainty of intention to create a trust on the part of Aldridge.
- If practice is undertaken for mental or spiritual gain, that intention will determine the results.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the