Translation of intention in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable or countable (aim, purpose) voting intentions (British English) it was not my intention to cause troubleno fue mi intención ocasionar problemasI have every intention of goingtengo la firme intención de irI don't have the slightest intention of telling herno tengo la menor intención de decírseloI have no intention of writing to themno tengo intenciones de escribirlesI did it with the best (of) intentions
no pienso escribirleslo hice con la mejor intención (del mundo)if I offended you, it was quite without intention [formal]si la ofendí, fue sin querer or sin intenciónhis intentions are strictly honorable [dated or humorous]viene con buenas intenciones [dated or humorous]Example sentences
- The automaker is hinting that it considers a recall unnecessary and plans to announce its intentions next week.
- Last night he announced his intention to stand down as leader of the Labour party in Wales.
- He said that there were no plans, intentions, desires, or need for any increases greater than inflation.
- 2 uncountable (Law)Example sentences
- There had been, in fact if not intention, a collaborative intelligence corruption.
- Highland says there is no certainty of intention to create a trust on the part of Aldridge.
- If practice is undertaken for mental or spiritual gain, that intention will determine the results.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.