Translation of intercept in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /ˌɪn(t)ərˈsɛpt/ British English: /ˌɪntəˈsɛpt/
- 1.1(message/missile/attack)(pass/shot)(Sport)they were intercepted before they reached the buildingles cerraron el paso antes de llegar al edificioExample sentences1.2 (Mathematics)
- Until now it has been legally prevented from intercepting communications amongst Canadians within Canada.
- To the fore came satellite imagery and the National Security Agency's capacity to intercept communications.
- The other agencies have a similar problem, but NSA is our intelligence-gathering agency that intercepts the airwaves, and they pick up more conversations than any other intelligence-gatherer.
- This is aligned north/south and can be intercepted at various angles.
nounAmerican English: /ˈɪn(t)ərsɛpt/ British English: /ˈɪntəsɛpt/
- 1.1 (Military) 1.2Example sentences1.3 (American English) (Telecom)they put an intercept on my telephone line
the intercepts were used as evidenceintervinieron mi línea telefónicalas grabaciones de las llamadas se usaron como prueba
- They knew that the operation was in trouble from intercepts of Japanese radio traffic.
- But these officials said they are not certain how reliable the information is and said there are no radio intercepts or other types of evidence to corroborate the reports.
- We have the ability to read their mail through radio intercepts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.