Translation of intercept in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /ˌɪn(t)ərˈsɛpt/ British English: /ˌɪntəˈsɛpt/
interceptar(Sport)they were intercepted before they reached the building
interceptarles cerraron el paso antes de llegar al edificioExample sentences
- Until now it has been legally prevented from intercepting communications amongst Canadians within Canada.
- To the fore came satellite imagery and the National Security Agency's capacity to intercept communications.
- The other agencies have a similar problem, but NSA is our intelligence-gathering agency that intercepts the airwaves, and they pick up more conversations than any other intelligence-gatherer.
nounAmerican English: /ˈɪn(t)ərsɛpt/ British English: /ˈɪntəsɛpt/
- 1 (Military)Example sentences
- They knew that the operation was in trouble from intercepts of Japanese radio traffic.
- But these officials said they are not certain how reliable the information is and said there are no radio intercepts or other types of evidence to corroborate the reports.
- We have the ability to read their mail through radio intercepts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.