Translation of intercut in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (present participle/participio presente -cutting past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado, -cut)/ˌɪntərˈkʌt; ˌɪntəˈkʌt/
- [scene/shot] intercalarExample sentences
- Every nude scene is intercut with shots of a slobbering, googly-eyed principal and his equally expectant sidekick.
- Director Byrum attempted to misdirect the censors by intercutting the same scenes shot in color with those in black-and-white as they would appear in the final print.
- These scenes are intercut not only with the four short films that unfold within this structure but also with media coverage of them on TV and radio shows.
- (American English/inglés norteamericano) corte (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.