Translation of interest in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (felt by person) her ideas aroused my interestsus ideas despertaron or suscitaron mi interésinterest
insomebody/something/ -inginterésI have no interest in getting to know them enalguien/algo/+ infinitiveno tengo ningún interés en conocerlosto lose interest
no me interesa conocerlosperder interésto show (an) interestdemostrar interésto take (an) interest
insomething/somebodyinteresarsehe took no further interest in the matter poralgo/alguiendejó de interesarse por el asuntoI'm doing it out of interestlo hago porque me interesaExample sentences1.2 countable (hobby) his only interest seems to be drinking
parece que su único interés es la bebidaExample sentences
- There is great interest and people are learning a classical art form with great enthusiasm and dedication.
- That was certainly of personal interest to me to learn, after having been here some 6 years.
- I appreciate their interest and good wishes, I just keep crying every time I think about it.
- So his interests and his activities outside of Iraq are nothing new.
- You are asked to list recreational interests and activities, membership of clubs and societies.
- He now feels that he is no longer under pressure, as he was in Australia, and can relax and enjoy some other interests and hobbies.
- 2 uncountable (possessed by object) the plot lacks interestal argumento le falta interésI thought this article might be of interest to youme pareció que este artículo podría interesarle or podría serle de interésis this of any interest to you?¿esto te interesa?it's of little interest to me who did itno me interesa demasiado or no tengo mucho interés en saber quién lo hizoit's a matter of public interestes un asunto de interés públicoExample sentences
- Unless poll results are meant to influence those yet to vote they are of academic or curiosity interest only.
- Perhaps that is why this week there are a number of films of average quality or minority interest.
- The Best of Gay Britain is a boxed set of three full-length features of varying interest and quality.
- 3 countable 3.1 (stake)participación (feminine)to have an interest in something (Business)
intereses (masculine plural)tener intereses or participación en algohe has a number of business interests abroadtiene varios negocios en el extranjeroI have to declare an interesttengo que declarar que soy parte interesadaI have a personal interest in seeing that justice is donetengo motivos personales para asegurarme de que se haga justiciashe acquired a substantial interest in the companyadquirió una parte considerable de las acciones de la empresato hold a controlling interest (Finance)tener participación mayoritariaBritish interests are being looked after by the Italian embassyla embajada italiana se ocupa de los intereses británicosExample sentences3.2 (advantage) (often plural) to serve the interests of the ruling classes
servir a los intereses de las clases gobernantesa conflict of interest(s)un conflicto de interesesyou've got to look after your own interest(s)tienes que velar por tus propios interesesto act in somebody's interest(s)actuar en beneficio de alguienit's in your own interest(s) to be earlyte conviene llegar tempranoit was not in our interest(s) to intervene
- The institute subsequently posted on its website the financial interests of all those involved.
- Apart from the strategic concerns and government revenue at stake, immense corporate interests are involved.
- Proffered concerns about underage drinking are thus merely a stalking horse for the financial interests at stake in these cases.
por tu propio interés deberías llegar tempranono nos convenía intervenirin the interests of easing international tensioncon el fin de relajar la tensión internacionalto be against the public interestir en perjuicio del interés públicoExample sentences3.3
also: interests plural(lobby)intereses (masculine plural)vested interests special interestsintereses de determinados gruposExample sentences
- This would not seem to be the noblest form of patriotism, which calls us to look beyond private interests to the public benefit.
- Since people can convince themselves of anything that is to their benefit or is in their interest, this is not surprising.
- The cards have discounts and benefits for the youngsters so it is in their interest to carry them.
- The NRA have come in for strong criticism locally both from landowners affected by the route of the road and various political and business interests.
- The politicians, business interests and journalists that were part of the Indonesian lobby in Australia did use racial stereotyping.
- The Government, business interests and civic organisations need to collaborate in the effort.
- 4 uncountable (Finance) simple/compound interestinterés simple/compuestoto earn/charge interest of o at five per cent (per annum)percibir/cobrar un interés del cinco por ciento (al año)this bond bears five per cent interesteste bono da or [formal] devenga un interés del cinco por cientoto repay something/somebody o to pay something/somebody back with interesthe repaid my affection with interestme devolvió con creces el cariño que le había dadothey'll pay me back with interest!¡me las van a pagar con creces!(before noun) interest chargescargos (masculine plural) por concepto de intereseslow-interest/interest-free loanspréstamos (masculine plural) a bajo interés/sin interésinterest paymentsabonos (masculine plural) or pagos (masculine plural) de interesesExample sentences
- The bank will not lend money, and interest payments and receipts are forbidden.
- If there is another agency which is lending money at better interest rates and with better conditions, I am ready to shift.
- How much will it cost by the time you have repaid your debt (capital plus interest repayments)?
- it interests me a great dealme interesa muchocan I interest you in a raffle ticket?¿le puedo ofrecer un número de rifa?Example sentences
- First, find a product or service that excites and interests you.
- He has a very short attention span and unless something interests him he doesn't want to know.
- Even a three-year old can begin to browse through the shelves, looking for different kinds of books that may interest her.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.