Translation of interest in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (felt by person) her ideas aroused my interestinterestsus ideas despertaron or suscitaron mi interés
insomebody/something/ -ingI have no interest in getting to know theminterés enalguien/algo/+ infinitiveto lose interestno tengo ningún interés en conocerlosno me interesa conocerlosto show (an) interestperder interésto take (an) interestdemostrar interésmostrarse interesado insomething/somebodyhe took no further interest in the matterinteresarse poralgo/alguienI'm doing it out of interestdejó de interesarse por el asuntolo hago porque me interesaExample sentences1.2 countable (hobby) his only interest seems to be drinking
parece que su único interés es la bebidaExample sentences
- There is great interest and people are learning a classical art form with great enthusiasm and dedication.
- That was certainly of personal interest to me to learn, after having been here some 6 years.
- I appreciate their interest and good wishes, I just keep crying every time I think about it.
- So his interests and his activities outside of Iraq are nothing new.
- You are asked to list recreational interests and activities, membership of clubs and societies.
- He now feels that he is no longer under pressure, as he was in Australia, and can relax and enjoy some other interests and hobbies.
- 2 uncountable (possessed by object) the plot lacks interestI thought this article might be of interest to youal argumento le falta interésis this of any interest to you?me pareció que este artículo podría interesarle or podría serle de interésit's of little interest to me who did it¿esto te interesa?it's a matter of public interestno me interesa demasiado or no tengo mucho interés en saber quién lo hizoes un asunto de interés públicoExample sentences
- Unless poll results are meant to influence those yet to vote they are of academic or curiosity interest only.
- Perhaps that is why this week there are a number of films of average quality or minority interest.
- The Best of Gay Britain is a boxed set of three full-length features of varying interest and quality.
- 3 countable 3.1 (stake)to have an interest in something (Business)intereses (masculine plural)he has a number of business interests abroadtener intereses or participación en algoI have to declare an interesttiene varios negocios en el extranjeroI have a personal interest in seeing that justice is donetengo que declarar que soy parte interesadashe acquired a substantial interest in the companytengo motivos personales para asegurarme de que se haga justiciato hold a controlling interest (Finance)adquirió una parte considerable de las acciones de la empresaBritish interests are being looked after by the Italian embassytener participación mayoritaria3.2 (advantage) (often plural) to serve the interests of the ruling classesla embajada italiana se ocupa de los intereses británicosa conflict of interest(s)servir a los intereses de las clases gobernantesyou've got to look after your own interest(s)un conflicto de interesesto act in somebody's interest(s)tienes que velar por tus propios interesesit's in your own interest(s) to be earlyactuar en beneficio de alguienit was not in our interest(s) to intervenete conviene llegar tempranopor tu propio interés deberías llegar tempranoin the interests of easing international tensionno nos convenía intervenirto be against the public interestcon el fin de relajar la tensión internacionalir en perjuicio del interés públicoExample sentences3.3
also: interests plural(lobby)vested interests special interestsintereses (masculine plural)intereses de determinados gruposExample sentences
- This would not seem to be the noblest form of patriotism, which calls us to look beyond private interests to the public benefit.
- Since people can convince themselves of anything that is to their benefit or is in their interest, this is not surprising.
- The cards have discounts and benefits for the youngsters so it is in their interest to carry them.
- The NRA have come in for strong criticism locally both from landowners affected by the route of the road and various political and business interests.
- The politicians, business interests and journalists that were part of the Indonesian lobby in Australia did use racial stereotyping.
- The Government, business interests and civic organisations need to collaborate in the effort.
- The institute subsequently posted on its website the financial interests of all those involved.
- Apart from the strategic concerns and government revenue at stake, immense corporate interests are involved.
- Proffered concerns about underage drinking are thus merely a stalking horse for the financial interests at stake in these cases.
- 4 uncountable (Finance) simple/compound interestto earn/charge interest of o at five per cent (per annum)interés simple/compuestothis bond bears five per cent interestpercibir/cobrar un interés del cinco por ciento (al año)to repay something/somebody o to pay something/somebody back with interesthe repaid my affection with interesteste bono da or [formal] devenga un interés del cinco por cientothey'll pay me back with interest!me devolvió con creces el cariño que le había dado(before noun) interest charges¡me las van a pagar con creces!low-interest/interest-free loanscargos (masculine plural) por concepto de interesesinterest paymentspréstamos (masculine plural) a bajo interés/sin interésabonos (masculine plural) or pagos (masculine plural) de interesesExample sentences
- The bank will not lend money, and interest payments and receipts are forbidden.
- If there is another agency which is lending money at better interest rates and with better conditions, I am ready to shift.
- How much will it cost by the time you have repaid your debt (capital plus interest repayments)?
- it interests me a great dealcan I interest you in a raffle ticket?me interesa mucho¿le puedo ofrecer un número de rifa?Example sentences
- First, find a product or service that excites and interests you.
- He has a very short attention span and unless something interests him he doesn't want to know.
- Even a three-year old can begin to browse through the shelves, looking for different kinds of books that may interest her.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.