Translation of interlude in Spanish:
- 1 (intervening period)Example sentences
- He wants to show that Labour can be a ‘natural’ party of government and not just a brief, fractious interlude between long periods of Conservatism.
- While I enjoyed the news-less interlude, too many strikes will weary public patience and risk handing viewers and listeners to the opposition.
- In between those two periods we even had a brilliant interlude when property values, as well as rental demand, both shot up in tandem.
- 2 2.1 (Theater) (intermission)Example sentences
Example sentences2.2 (Music)
- In the interludes between the 12 scenes, the Andorrans take the witness stand to disclaim any responsibility for Andri's death, rather in the manner of Adolf Eichmann during his trial.
- At one point in Act I they all stand on the tilted stage, in a straight line, during one of the interludes.
- Dancers have only one and a half minutes in the interlude to change clothes.
- She made her debut dancing with Anton Dolin's company in London in 1929, performing balletic interludes in revues at the Coliseum.
- That interludes were sometimes performed by villagers we know from ‘Pyramus and Thisbe’ in A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- In between the shows, the comic interludes were performed to keep the audience in good spirits with twinkle-footed clowns.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.