Translation of intern in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ɪnˈtɜːrn; ɪnˈtɜːn/
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo/ˈɪntɜːrn/ (American English/inglés norteamericano)
- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] hacer* las prácticas, ser* interno 1.2 (of student or trainee) hacer* las prácticasExample sentences
- In the pilot, she is interning at a DA's office, on her way to law school, but the dreams of missing children and dead people impel her to use her ‘gift’, so she faxes police offices offering her help.
- I requested permission from my California Army National Guard commander to drill in Washington DC during the summer of 2002, where I was interning after my first year of law school.
- Before I graduated college I had worked on several campaigns and spent a summer interning in the NC State Legislature.
- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] interno, (masculine, feminine) 1.2 (in career development) pasante (masculine and feminine) ([ persona que trabaja bajo supervisión a fin de adquirir experiencia profesional ])
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.