Translation of intern in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ɪnˈtɜːrn; ɪnˈtɜːn/
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo/ˈɪntɜːrn/ (American English/inglés norteamericano)
- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] hacer* las prácticas, ser* interno 1.2 (of student or trainee) hacer* las prácticasExample sentences
- In the pilot, she is interning at a DA's office, on her way to law school, but the dreams of missing children and dead people impel her to use her ‘gift’, so she faxes police offices offering her help.
- I requested permission from my California Army National Guard commander to drill in Washington DC during the summer of 2002, where I was interning after my first year of law school.
- Before I graduated college I had worked on several campaigns and spent a summer interning in the NC State Legislature.
- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] interno, (masculine, feminine) 1.2 (in career development) pasante (masculine and feminine) ([ persona que trabaja bajo supervisión a fin de adquirir experiencia profesional ])
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.