Translation of internalize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Psychology/Psicología] [guilt/conflict] interiorizar*Example sentences1.2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [rule] asimilar
- Of course many of us have internalized toxic attitudes such as racism and homophobia, Gage writes.
- This is the key to internalizing the gratitude attitude.
- Depression is seen by many as something shameful or embarrassing, and it's very easy to internalize that attitude.
- This silent period helps them internalize the rules of the language they are exposed to.
- Not that they don't want to help, man, they always do, and they always try, but since they were born with the language, they have internalized all the rules and pattern and exception.
- Both deconstruction and structuralism asserted that people are culturally and socially constructed, and that they internalize culture much in the same way that they internalize a natural language.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.