Translation of interrupt in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (by speaking) [discussion/person] interrumpir I'm sorry to interrupt you perdone que lo interrumpa but … , he interrupted —pero … —interrumpióExample sentences1.2 (stop) [communication/flow] interrumpir
- There is a lot to tell you so please do not interrupt me until I am done.
- She interrupted him speaking softly in a determined voice.
- During meetings, a speaker is never interrupted until it is clear they have finished speaking.
- My sincere apologies for interrupting whatever lesson or activity you were engaged in.
- Activities were interrupted by World War II, with the army taking over much of the museum facilities from 1943 to 1946.
- The north Irish Sea region was never so firmly absorbed, partly because the outbreak of the Anglo-Scottish wars in the 1290s interrupted the process.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- interrumpir if you'll excuse my interrupting si me perdona la interrupción
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.