Translation of interval in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (time) lucid intervalsintervalos de lucidezat regular/irregular intervalsa intervalos regulares/irregularesat intervals of 20 minutes, at 20-minute intervalsa intervalos de 20 minutosthe interval(s) between their visits grew longercada vez espaciaban más sus visitasbright/sunny intervals (Meteorology)intervalos soleados/de solExample sentences1.2 (distance) at regular intervals along the road
a intervalos or espacios regulares a lo largo de la carreteraat intervals of 15 yards, at 15-yard intervalsa intervalos de 15 yardasExample sentences
- The sunny weather somehow morphed into gales, bright sunny intervals, a thunderstorm that would not have been out of place in the tropics and light showers.
- It was a very showery day yesterday, with a number of heavy downpours between sunny intervals.
- Be committed to eating smaller meals at regular intervals.
- There was nothing in the four feet wide gap but windowless knobbed doors spaced at even intervals; none of them had a label in which to portray the doors' purposes.
- A well-trodden path wends its way around the water - apart from a spot where a small natural wood hugs the shoreline - and sturdy platforms are spaced at regular intervals.
- Six hundred giant pylons, spaced at 300 metre intervals, are needed simply to carry the weight of the massive 400,000 volt power lines.
- 2 (pause)(British) (Cinema, Music)the scores were level at the interval
intermedio (masculine)el marcador estaba igualado al terminar el primer tiempoExample sentences
- Basically, interval training alternates short bursts of higher-intensity exercise with intervals of slower activity that allow the body a little break.
- Whether you choose to run, cycle, swim or use cardiovascular gym equipment, break up a 30 minute workout with intervals of hard activity so that you push yourself just beyond your comfort zone.
- However, if the pause intervals are too long, physiological systems will not be stressed enough to induce a training effect.
- Performances were divided into five acts separated by intervals during which music was played.
- And after the interval comes some of the fiercest theatrical drumming I've heard since Ariane Mnouchkine's production of The Oresteia.
- The string quartet will play during the reception and there will be a licensed bar during the interval and throughout the performance.
- They were unfortunate not to have held the lead at the interval, after matching the lively home side in most aspects of play.
- Play was on the halfway line when the interval came, with France leading by two goal points.
- But if that goal seconds before the interval left the game poised on a knife edge it was nothing compared to what followed in the opening 13 minutes of the second period.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.