Translation of intimacy in Spanish:
noun plural -cies
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (close friendship) to be on terms of intimacy with somebodytener intimidad con alguienExample sentences1.2 (sexual relations) [formal] [euphemistic]
relaciones (feminine plural) íntimas [euphemistic]1.3 (of atmosphere) in the intimacy of one's own homeen la intimidad de su ( or mi etc) hogarExample sentences1.4 (of knowledge) her intimacy with the details of the report
- My entire life over the last ten years had been not being close to people, avoiding intimacy and close friendship because I knew that it wouldn't last.
- As a matter of fact, sex is affirmed by sociologists as a source of pleasure and shared intimacy between husband and wife.
- They talk about how they have come to see the Eucharist in a whole new light, as a joyful experience of intimacy with a close friend.
su familiaridad con los detalles del informeI was surprised at the intimacy of his acquaintance with the subjectme sorprendió lo impuesto que estaba en el tema
- An atmosphere of warmth and intimacy is created, and long-held bodily tensions are released.
- Gas lamps and good quality mahogany furniture provided an atmosphere of warmth and intimacy.
- The cheeky, Spanish gig-a-long ‘A Minha Menina’ injected some needed intimacy into the atmosphere with a throng of dancers and not a mosh pit in sight.
- 2also: intimacies pluralintimidades (feminine plural)(physical)
arrumacos (masculine plural)Example sentences
- Have older gays lost touch with the value of sexual intimacy?
- At the time of the survey, sexual intimacy no longer occurred in their relationships.
- In other words, not all opportunities for intimacy or sexual interaction may be perceived as equally desirable or rewarding.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.