Translation of intonation in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- (Linguistics, Music)Example sentences
- Chinese is a tonal language: words are differentiated not just by sounds but by whether the intonation is rising or falling.
- Yeah, it's not a question, but rising intonation makes it one.
- Her intonation is rising throughout, partly due to the presence of so many questions and exclamations, but also because the lines follow on each other so rapidly.
- Her voice is annoyingly reedy, with a fast vibrato and intonation slightly under pitch.
- Such features as pitch or intonation, rhythm and tone are the first elements to be distinguishable.
- Textural clarity requires rhythmic precision, knowing the important line at any point in the score, dead-on intonation, and the ability to sing lightly and incisively at the same time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the