noun/nombreuncountable/no numerable [formal]
- 1 1.1 (by alcohol) embriaguez (feminine) [formal], intoxicación (feminine) etílica [formal], intemperancia (feminine) (Chile) [formal]More example sentences1.2 (by beauty, experience) embriaguez (feminine) [literary/literario], éxtasis (masculine)
- It is our task to deal with all conditions of burns, intoxications and traumas, all kinds of accidents and falling off high places and metabolical conditions.
- The test is recommended for on the spot testing whenever alcohol consumption is planned or intoxication is suspected.
- Alcohol meters to test levels of intoxication are being acquired.
- 2 (poisoning) [Medicine/Medicina] intoxicación (feminine)
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.