noun/nombreuncountable/no numerable [formal]
- 1 1.1 (by alcohol) embriaguez (feminine) [formal], intoxicación (feminine) etílica [formal], intemperancia (feminine) (Chile) [formal]More example sentences1.2 (by beauty, experience) embriaguez (feminine) [literary/literario], éxtasis (masculine)
- It is our task to deal with all conditions of burns, intoxications and traumas, all kinds of accidents and falling off high places and metabolical conditions.
- The test is recommended for on the spot testing whenever alcohol consumption is planned or intoxication is suspected.
- Alcohol meters to test levels of intoxication are being acquired.
- 2 (poisoning) [Medicine/Medicina] intoxicación (feminine)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.