Translation of intractable in Spanish:
- 1.1 [temperament] obstinado; [child] incorregible she's completely intractable on that point en ese punto es completamente intransigenteExample sentences1.2 [problem/dilemma] inextricable [formal], insoluble
Example sentences1.3 [Medicine/Medicina] de difícil cura
- They are intractable in their thinking, they are unreasoning and unreasonable and it's just a waste of breath to talk to them.
- And he is similarly intractable on the matter of promotional activities, which he has strictly limited to three a week.
- I suggested that it'd not stay healthy for long if it had no work to do but he was intractable.
- Poverty remains intractable despite economic growth in many countries.
- Germany, with its intractable economic problems, is seriously considering it.
- Nothing is more frightening - no economic problem more intractable - than a deflationary spiral.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.