Translation of intrigue in Spanish:
nounAmerican English: /ˈɪnˌtriɡ/ , /ɪnˈtriɡ/ British English: /ɪnˈtriːɡ/ , /ˈɪntriːɡ/
- 1 uncountable or countable (machinations) a master of intrigueun maestro de la intrigaExample sentences
- It's a tale of intrigue, dark secrets, and double crosses.
- A tale of murder, bribery, betrayal and intrigue follows as the plot gathers pace and Solomon races to towards the finish line.
- I hated this room, the atmosphere of backstabbing intrigue and devious plots and politics that hung overhead like a forthcoming tempest.
- 2 countable (flirtation, love affair)Example sentences
- If you're one of the beautiful elite, summer is a fizzy whirl of suitors and intrigues and liaisons.
- But while this is a satisfying central plot, the story is just as much about the accident-prone romances and intrigues of the rest of this likeable family.
- With a rich history, including periods as a Greek and Roman colony, as well as the internal intrigues of ruling kings and their concubines, Istanbul nowadays is a colorful, eclectic melting pot of cultures.
transitive verbAmerican English: /ɪnˈtriɡ/ British English: /ɪnˈtriːɡ/
- we were intrigued to know how he had done itnos tenía intrigados cómo lo había hecho
teníamos gran curiosidad por saber cómo lo había hechoExample sentences
- This of course was mildly interesting but what intrigued me was what if you used the values of Pi to create not letters but musical notes.
- The Scottish lad whose family moved to Manchester was fascinated with Nazism and intrigued by sadism.
- Most of all, I write about things that are important to me, that interest me, intrigue me, that cause a reaction in me.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.