Translation of intrigue in Spanish:
- 1 u and c (machinations) intriga (feminine), cabildeo (masculine) a master of intrigue un maestro de la intrigaExample sentences
- It's a tale of intrigue, dark secrets, and double crosses.
- A tale of murder, bribery, betrayal and intrigue follows as the plot gathers pace and Solomon races to towards the finish line.
- I hated this room, the atmosphere of backstabbing intrigue and devious plots and politics that hung overhead like a forthcoming tempest.
- 2 countable/numerable (flirtation, love affair) aventura (feminine)Example sentences
- If you're one of the beautiful elite, summer is a fizzy whirl of suitors and intrigues and liaisons.
- But while this is a satisfying central plot, the story is just as much about the accident-prone romances and intrigues of the rest of this likeable family.
- With a rich history, including periods as a Greek and Roman colony, as well as the internal intrigues of ruling kings and their concubines, Istanbul nowadays is a colorful, eclectic melting pot of cultures.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ɪnˈtriːg/
- intrigar* we were intrigued to know how he had done it nos tenía intrigados cómo lo había hecho, teníamos gran curiosidad por saber cómo lo había hecho
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo/ɪnˈtriːg/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the